Monday, September 30, 2013
· 5th grade chess club will be meeting tonight in room 214 from 2:30 - 3:30pm
· Paw Print Winners: Mrs. Dubow’s Class (K-1st)& Mrs. Buhrow’s Class (2nd – 3rd). We are sorry to
announce none of the 4thor 5th grade classes earned more than one paw print, so we have no winner for that
· Walk to School Day is Wednesday Oct. 9th. Start making posters why walking to school is important to you. Show that you care for the Earth by wearing GREEN or spirit wear that day too! (2ndgraders will wear their “Respect” shirt)
· Congratulations to 7B’s Catch of the Week: Bryce Vincent. You have been selected by your Team 7B teachers for showing respect for Everyone, Education, and Your Environment! Way to go! Thank you for being such a role model student!
· Attention 8th Graders: There will be an informational meeting on Thursday, October 3 at 7PM in the middle school gym about our 8th grade Washington, DC trip. You will receive the cost and registration details then. If you are unable to attend, Ms. Bolding will have the information packet available in room 130 Friday, October 4.
· Punt, Pass & Kick Competition will be held on Wednesday Oct 2nd right after school. If you are
interested in competing in these football skills, see Mrs. Sink for a competition rule sheet. The competition will only be held on Oct 2nd from 3:30 to 4:30pm.
· Westfield Boys Basketball tryouts for 7th & 8th graders will begin the week of Oct 7th. In order to try out a sports physical and athletic packet MUST turn in PRIOR to try outs. Specific try out dates and information will be coming soon. Please see Mr. Martens (7th grade coach) or Mr. Russell (8th grade coach) with
· Attention Dance Team, our first practice will be at 8:00am Monday, September 30th. All 8th grade dancers need to see Mrs. Flowers before going to lunch and 7th grade dancers please see Mrs. Flowers during ELT or after school regarding uniform sizes.
· Fall Fundraiser pick up: October 8th from 2:30-6pm in the Multi-Purpose room.
· PTO Volunteer Help Needed: Please read the upcoming available volunteer opportunities and if you can help contact the event coordinator directly. Remember, you only need to respond if you are able to help or if you have a question.
Punt, Pass, Kick event on Sunday, October 13th: We need 8 more volunteers to help with this event. No prerequisites are required but an understanding of football skills would be helpful. Please contact Mr. Belin directly if you are able to help or have questions at Korry.Belin@D300.Org
· School directories are available to purchase by sending $3.00 to the office in an envelope marked "Directory." Please include your student's name and teacher or team. Though not necessary, order forms are available in the 9/24 VB. Checks may
be made payable to "Westfield PTO."