Tuesday, September 24, 2013
· All the 5th grade classes will be on field trip Friday, Sept. 27th from 8:30 – 1:45pm at Midway Village Museum in Rockford.
· Walk to School Day is Wednesday Oct. 9th. Start making posters why walking to school is important to you. Show that you care for the Earth by wearing GREEN that day too!
· Elementary half day hot lunch order forms for October 3rd are available in the office and will be in the 9/24 virtual backpack – they must be turned in by Sept 30th.
· There will be a student council meeting after school on Wednesday. It will be in Mrs. Hager’s room starting at 3:30 and it will end at 4:00. If you have any questions or cannot make it to the meeting, please let Mrs. Hager or Ms. Sarff know.
· Attention 8th Graders: There will be an informational meeting on Thursday, October 3 at 7PM in the middle school gym about our 8th grade Washington, DC trip. You will receive the cost and registration
details then. If you are unable to attend, Ms. Bolding will have the information packet available in room 130 Friday, October 4.
· PTO Volunteer Help Needed: Please read the upcoming available volunteer opportunities and if you can help contact the event coordinator directly. Remember, you only need to respond if you are able to help or if you have a question.
Punt, Pass, Kick event on Sunday, October 13th: with Mr. Belin. We need 8 more volunteers to help with this event. No prerequisites are required but an understanding of football skills would be helpful. Please contact Mr. Belin directly if you are able to help or have questions at Korry.Belin@D300.Org
· ES Box Tops: We want September to be HUGE, can you help us? If every student brings in a sheet of 10 box tops by Friday (9/27) that will do it!! Also TRIPLE TREATS are this week too.
· MS Box Tops: September collection sheets are due Friday Sept. 27th in the middle school office by
10am. Winners will be announced on Tuesday Oct. 1st. A few of the prizes are iTunes & Five Below gift cards, roller skating passes, Jamba Juice & more. You can’t win if you don’t turn in box tops. Keep saving those box tops!!
· DMS is presenting “The Legends of Sleepy Hollow” on 10/31 & 11/1, 7pm at DCHS Auditorium. Cost is $5 for students and $8 for adults. For additional information contact Jenny Olson at Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org
or view the following link http://dmslegendofsleepyhollow.webs.com/
· Attention Westfield Middle School soccer enthusiasts! ALITHSA U14 Mixed (boys and girls ages 12 - 14) needs additional recreational players to cover open spots on our team. If you are interested, please call or email Coach Chris Adams at email@example.com 847-533-8843.
- Practices are held on Monday & Wednesday from 6-7 pm at High Hill Park in Algonquin.
- Games held on Saturday. Parents unable to drive player to games? No problem! We can arrange for your child's transportation.
- Great coaches and players. Some of your WCS classmates are already on this team.
Season ends October 26th. Don't wait to call!