Thursday, September 11, 2014
· 5th grade classes will be on a field trip from 10am to 1pm on Thursday Sept. 11th.
· 5th grade classes will be on a field trip from 8:45am to 1:45pm on Friday Sept. 26th.
· Family Fun Nights are back. Our first one for the school year will be at Fuddruckers on Monday Sept.15th from 4pm-8pm. Simply mention Westfield to the cashier NO FLYER NEEDED!! Join us for dinner and 20% of your food and non-alcoholic beverage purchases (pre-tax) will be donated to Westfield PTO.
Wear your school spirit that night!
· Notes from the Nurse’s office…..as the weather starts to change, cold & flu season will be upon us. Please remind students that the best way to prevent the spread of any illness are:
o Wash hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds
o Avoid touching eyes, nose & mouth with unwashed hands
o Avoid kissing, hugging& sharing cups/silverware with people who are sick
o Disinfect frequently touched surfaces, especially if someone in your house is already sick
Elementary School: see all
· There will be parent/student informational meeting about our 8th grade Washington, DC trip on Tuesday, September 16 at 7:00PM. We will meet in the middle school gym. You will receive the trip planned itinerary, the cost, and the registration information that evening. The information packet is not available until then. Registration does not open until after the meeting. If you are unable to attend the meeting, the packet will be available the next school day. I look forward to seeing you there!
· A reminder to all Beta Club members, the information sheets are due Friday. Please make sure you turn them in by the deadline. If any member is interested in signing up to work the concessions, Punt, Pass & Kick or the Culvers Family Fun Night to earn service hours, please see Mrs. Woods in the Middle School Gym.