Friday, August 22, 2014
· AVID is selling t-shirts. It is their fundraiser this year. Cost is $10/shirt. They will be black t-shirts with white print saying AVID D300 with the AVID logo on the left front. Orders are due TODAY (8/22). They can be left in Deb Hohlfelder’s mailbox. Order form is in your email.
· Fourth grade is going on a field trip to Camp Duncan on Sept. 2nd from 8:50-1:45
· 5th grade classes will be on a field trip from 8:45am to 1:45pm on Friday Sept. 26th.
· Picture day is scheduled for August 27th. Order forms will go home with students later this week.
Please send your student with payment and order form that day or you may prepayonline at www.hrimaging.com then go to shop/prepay and follow the fields from there (send in online receipt with your student). Purchases are optional, but everyone will have their photo taken for the yearbook. Retake day will be October 2nd.
· If you have a permission slip for the Summer Challenge, please put it in the box in the elementary or middle school office – they are due TODAY (8/22).
· This Saturday at 11:00 am, there will be a children’s theater program at Lakeside Legacy Arts Park (Dole Mansion). “Uncle Em’s Traveling Hootenanny Presents: Keep Your Story Short Cause Your Tale’s Too Tall,” is a family show that combines music, puppets and wild costumes in a vaudeville-influenced storytelling narrative of the American Folklore classics of Paul Bunyan, Molly Pitcher, Johnny Appleseed, John Henry and Pecos Bill. Tickets: $10 parents, $5 children.
· Mr. Belin is again collecting Pop Tops for charity. What is a Pop Top? It is the little ring on the top of Aluminum cans that you can just pop off and save. They are on Pop Cans, Soup Cans, Dog Food cans and many other cans found in your kitchen. We collect the tops all year and recycle them at the end of the year and donate the money to local charities. It is a great way to help and it doesn’t cost any “extra” because you are already buying the items. If you have any questions contact Mr. Belin.
· Please Join Westfield School PTO for our 2nd Annual Back to School Picnic on Friday, September 5th, from 4:30 PM -6:30 PM. All Westfield Students and staff are invited to attend with their families. We will have a raffle to win a iPad Mini. Bring your chair and blanket and enjoy a Complimentary Hotdog, chips, and drink. Come meet the WCS community and enjoy other fun activities!!
Elementary School: see all
· Do you play piano, bass, or guitar?” Westfield Jazz Ensemble auditions will begin taking place this week. Any middle school students who are interested in Jazz Ensemble who currently take lessons are strongly encouraged to audition. See Mr. Dobbeck in the band room for more information.
· All 7th and 8th graders that were invited to join Westfield’s Beta Club over the summer, must return the
fee and forms to the middle school office by TODAY (8/22). Late applications will not be accepted. Any questions, please see or email Mrs. Woods in the Middle School gym.
· TAP Parents Needed: Please consider volunteering to help this year. Volunteers will be asked to perform a variety of duties, such as reading with students, playing educational games, copying and
helping with bulletin boards. Please see if you can spare some time to help your teachers and students this year. TAP will start the week of September 15 and end
on Friday, May 8th. Extra forms are in the Elementary office if needed. Any
questions contact Carolyn Potosnak at email@example.com
60 Bonus Box Tops via the checkout coupon with receipt when you buy any 10 or
more Box Tops for Education products.
Jewel: 8/20 – 8/26 &
Meijer 8/21 – 8/27