Thursday, November 14, 2013
· Capture your favorite memories of your teacher, classmates and friends by purchasing an
elementary yearbook. Orders can be made online or with a check made out to Inter-State Studios for $17 by Friday Dec. 20th. www.inter-state.com/yearbook code 436865
· Pledge to Play60 and you could win a trip to Super Bowl XLVIII. All you have to do is answer three questions about staying fit. What do you think your favorite player does to stay fit? Go to
NFLRush.com/Superkid to register to win by Nov. 25th. (VB 10/29)
· It’s back!! Fuel week in the cafeteria! This month’s feature is ‘Breakfast for Lunch’. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day – even if it’s for lunch. Tomorrow (11/15) will be Ranchero Breakfast Pizza. Today (11/14) will be Barbeque Breakfast Burger. Break from your daily habit and try the awesomeness of these breakfast specials. Fuel Up – Go Lunch!
· Student council will be having their monthly meeting on November 20th instead of November 27th. It will start at 7:45 A.M. in Mrs. Hager’s room (room 259). For any questions, please see Mrs. Hager or Ms. Sarff.
· Yearbook Cover Design Contest: Are you interested in designing the cover for the Middle School Yearbook? Combine your artistic skills with your school spirit and create a design to enter into the
Yearbook cover design contest. All designs must be original artwork, meet the contest rules and be submitted by December 2, 2013 to be eligible. Rules and entry forms are available in the Middles School office.
· The Book Fair is coming to Westfield and we need your help to make it a successful event. Come and earn service hours as you help create decorations, cut out book marks, and prepare flyers. If you are interested in being a part of the Jr. Crew, sign up in the Media Center today.
· WCS is participating in a FREE dental program available to all students PreK – 8th grade on Friday Nov. 22nd. It includes an exam by a licensed dentist and cleaning. This exam fulfills the dental requirement for Kindergarten, 2nd & 6th grades. Forms are available in all WCS offices (Elementary, Middle & Nurse) and must be filled out by a parent and returned to the nurses’ office no later than Friday Nov. 15th. Any questions, call the nurses offices at 847-532-7608 or email Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org (VB 11/5)
· Attn. Parents of Kindergartners: All kindergarten students are required by Illinois law to have proof of an eye exam by an optometrist or eye doctor (ophthalmologist) on file with the school by October 15th. If you have not submitted your paperwork to the school nurse, please do so asap. Required forms can be found on the D300 website under Health Services. Any questions, call Julie Yelton at 847-532-7608.
· Phone Messages: Please inform your child of changes in transportation or after school plans BEFORE they leave for school as messages interrupt the instructional program. (Parent/Student Handbook)
· Students are expected to be dressed to outside every day. Students will stay indoors if the temperature is less than ten degrees or is raining. If your student is not wearing boots and snowpants, he/she must remain on the shoveled black top area. (Parent/Student Handbook)
· Kindergarten & Preschool Registration will be held on Wednesday, February 20th, 2014 from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Please call the elementary office 847-532-7800 if you have an incoming kindergartener, who will
be 5 as of September 1, 2014 and Preschoolers must be 3 years of age to being preschool at Westfield.
· Next PTO Meeting is Wednesday November 20th at 7:00pm in the Multi-Purpose Room.
Please join us to hear all of the exciting things we have planned for the remainder of this year!
· Westfield Spirit Wear is available for purchase either online at http://www.promoplace.com/37589/stores/westfield or via paper order forms. Order forms are available in both offices. Samples for sizing are also available in both offices – smaller sizes in elementary and larger sizes in the middle school. The sale will continue through Parent-Teacher Conferences. Merchandise will be delivered in time for the holiday gift giving season! (VB 11/5)
· The Westfield Cares fundraiser is in full swing. Get your pie orders in to your teacher or office no later than Nov. 19thwith pick up on Nov. 25th. Order forms are available in either office. Please help support this great fundraiser and get some great pies for the holidays! (VB 11/12)
· Operation Christmas Child: Help needy children this season by packing a shoe box with toys, candy, and toiletries or donate $10. Turn it into Ms. Petersen's room by Nov 22nd. Last year we collected 188 boxes - help us beat that number this year and win a prize for your class. For more information: see https://sites.google.com/site/wcswolvespto/classroom-news/brightentheholidaysforchildrenallovertheglobe# (VB 11/12) – Ms. Russell’s class is in the lead!
· Toys for Tots with US Marines Corp Reserve collection has started at WCS. Boxes are in both offices to drop off your unwrapped gifts. Collection will continue thru Dec. 13th.
· 5th, 6th, 7th, & 8th grade boys interested in Jr. Eagles Basketball: tryouts will be Saturday Nov. 23rd 3 – 5pm AND Saturday Dec. 7th 8 –10am. Both tryouts will be held at Jacobs HS and players should attend BOTH tryouts. Questions should be directed to Coach Martens at email@example.com.