Wednesday, November 13, 2013
· Capture your favorite memories of your teacher, classmates and friends by purchasing an
elementary yearbook. Orders can be made online or with a check made out to Inter-State Studios for $17 by Friday Dec. 20th. www.inter-state.com/yearbook code 436865
· 5th grade boys interested in Jr. Eagles Basketball: tryouts will be Saturday Nov. 23rd 3 – 5pm AND Saturday Dec. 7th 8 – 10am. Both tryouts will be held at Jacobs HS and players should attend BOTH
tryouts. Questions should be directed to Coach Martens at email@example.com.
· Pledge to Play60 and you could win a trip to Super Bowl XLVIII. All you have to do is answer three questions about staying fit. What do you think your favorite player does to stay fit? Go to
NFLRush.com/Superkid to register to win by Nov. 25th. (VB 10/29)
· It’s back!! Fuel week in the cafeteria! This month’s feature is ‘Breakfast for Lunch’. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day – even if it’s for lunch. Monday, Wednesday & Friday will be Ranchero Breakfast Pizza. Tuesday & Thursday will be Barbeque Breakfast Burger. Break from your daily habit and try the awesomeness of these breakfast specials. Fuel Up –Go Lunch!
· The Book Fair is coming to Westfield and we need your help to make it a successful event. Come and earn service hours as you help create decorations, cut out book marks, and prepare flyers. If you are interested in being a part of the Jr. Crew, sign up in the Media Center today.
· 6th, 7th, & 8th grade boys interested in Jr. Eagles Basketball: tryouts will be Saturday Nov. 23rd 3 – 5pm AND Saturday Dec. 7th 8 – 10am. Both tryouts will be held at Jacobs HS and players should attend BOTH tryouts. Questions should be directed to Coach Martens at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· WCS is participating in a FREE dental program available to all students PreK – 8th grade on Friday Nov. 22nd. It includes an exam by a licensed dentist and cleaning. This exam fulfills the dental requirement for Kindergarten, 2nd & 6th grades. Forms are available in all WCS offices (Elementary, Middle & Nurse) and must be filled out by a parent and returned to the nurses’ office no later than Friday Nov. 15th. Any questions, call the nurses offices at 847-532-7608 or email Julie.email@example.com (VB 11/5)
· Attn. Parents of Kindergartners: All kindergarten students are required by Illinois law to have proof of an eye exam by an optometrist or eye doctor (ophthalmologist) on file with the school by October 15th. If you
have not submitted your paperwork to the school nurse, please do so asap. Required forms can be found on the D300 website under Health Services. Any questions, call Julie Yelton at 847-532-7608.
· Phone Messages: Please inform your child of changes in transportation or after school plans BEFORE they leave for school as messages interrupt the instructional program. (Parent/Student Handbook)
· Students are expected to be dressed to outside every day. Students will stay indoors if the temperature is less than ten degrees or is raining. If your student is not wearing boots and snowpants, he/she must remain on the shoveled black top area. (Parent/Student Handbook)
· Next PTO Meeting is Wednesday November 20th at 7:00pm in the Multi-Purpose Room. Please join us to hear all of the exciting things we have planned for the remainder of this year!
· Westfield Spirit Wear is available for purchase either online at http://www.promoplace.com/37589/stores/westfield or via paper order forms. Order forms are available in both offices. Samples for sizing are also available in both offices – smaller sizes in elementary and larger sizes in the middle school. The sale will continue through Parent-Teacher Conferences. Merchandise will be delivered in time for the holiday gift giving season! (VB 11/5)
· Operation Christmas Child: Help needy children this season by packing a shoe box with toys, candy, and toiletries or donate $10. Turn it into Ms. Petersen's room by Nov 22nd. Last year we collected 188 boxes - help us beat that number this year and win a prize for your class. For more information: see https://sites.google.com/site/wcswolvespto/classroom-news/brightentheholidaysforchildrenallovertheglobe# (VB 11/12)
· The next Family Fun Night is this Wednesday Nov 13th at Red Robin. Bring your flyer and wear your spirit wear to Red Robin. (VB 11/5)
· School directories are available to purchase by sending $3.00 to the office in an envelope marked "Directory." Please include your student's name and teacher or team. Make checks payable to WCS PTO.
· Toys for Tots with US Marines Corp Reserve collection has started at WCS. Boxes are in both offices to drop off your unwrapped gifts. Collection will continue thru Dec. 13th.