Friday, May 9, 2014
· All elementary classes invited to attend the 8th grade music assembly on Wednesday, May 14th starting at 9:00 am in the middle school gym.
· 7C will be on a field trip to Brookfield Zoo on Thursday, May 15th from 9:00-3:15. Students will not be attending instrumental music, chorus, exploratory, or PE.
· May 16th, 2014 - 6A and 6B field trip to Medieval Times 9:00 A.M. until approximately 1:15. Students will attend Periods 7, 8 and 9.
· Attention all 8th graders – Club Westfield is getting prepared to open its doors on Friday May 16th for the 2014 Recognition Dance. Please make sure you have your ticket request forms filled out and returned
with your money by Friday May 9th. You can turn them in to the middle school office, to Mrs. Rydz or to Mrs. Woods. Don’t forget to fill out your song requests on the back of the return slip. Any questions you can see Mrs. Woods in the MS gym. Hope to see all of you there!!
· The PBIS dodgeball tournament is Tuesday, May 20. Registration packets are available in the middle school office. The deadline for returning packets is now Tuesday, May 13. Concessions will now be
available for purchase.
· Box Top competition is going on. Turn in them in every week and watch the thermometer grow!
Who will win this week? Elementary or Middle School?
· Papa John Fundraiser Friday 5/16 – 5/17 all day: Order via phone/online/in store and order anything off the menu. Please just mention Westfield School (or use promo code “westfield”). Papa John’s will
donate 20% back to Westfield.
· Last family fun night: Extreme Wheels May 15th6:30 – 8:30, $6 per person.
Through Out D300/Summer Activities:
· Interested in Travel Soccer? ALITHSA is holding tryouts starting May 27th for their Travel team "Arsenal"! (See VB 5/6)
· Attention anyone entering kindergarten through 8thgrade interested in attending the Jacobs Dance Summer Camp, please pick up an informational flyer in the main office. (VB 5/6)
· There will be a summer volleyball camp this year for all GIRLS and BOYS entering grades 3 – 8. Camp will be held at Westfield, July 7th – 10th. Forms are available in the Elementary and Middle School office or on the WCS website. (VB 4/16)
· Attention boys and girls going into kindergarten thru 8th grade next school year: The 18th annual
Westfield Summer Basketball Camp registration forms are now available in both offices as well as on the school website. Sign up early for summer basketball fun, spots fill up fast!! Please contact Mr. Russell with questions. (VB 4/16)
· Attention Softball Players! Jacobs Summer Softball Camp is open to all girls currently in 6th thru 8th grade. Camp meets Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from June 10th June 26th. Register now, space is limited. Get an info sheet in the MS Office or sign up on-line at the Jacobs High School Athletics website: www.Athletics2000.com/Jacobs/ (VB 4/16)
· Kindergarten Registration has begun. Please call the elementary office at 847-532-7800 if you have an incoming kindergartener, who will be 5 as of September 1, 2014.
Registration has begun and is already full. If you have a preschooler that will be 3
years of age and you would like to be put on the waiting list please call the
elementary office at 847-532-7800.