Monday, May 12, 2014
· All elementary classes invited to attend the 8th grade music assembly on Wednesday, May 14th starting at 9:00 am in the middle school gym.
· 7C will be on a field trip to Brookfield Zoo on Thursday, May 15th from 9:00-3:15. Students will not be attending instrumental music, chorus, exploratory, or PE.
· May 16th, 2014 - 6A and 6B field trip to Medieval Times 9:00 A.M. until approximately 1:15. Students will attend Periods 7, 8 and 9.
· This is the last week for the Howlagram shop. Spend all your howlagrams, you may not carry them over to next school year.
· The PBIS dodgeball tournament is Tuesday, May 20. Registration packets are available in the middle school office. The deadline for returning packets is now Tuesday, May 13. Concessions will now be
available for purchase.
· The D300 Foundation for Educational Excellence proudly presents our 5th annual summer musical High School Musical. This summer program is open to any student enrolled in a District 300 school entering 6th through 12th grade for the 2014-2015 school year. Audition information, schedules and additional information can be found on our website http://www.d300presents.org or contact Mr. Fodor with any additional
· Attention all 8th grade students. Are you looking for service hours? The Algonquin Library is offering an opportunity for you to earn 6 service hours this summer. All you have to do is be a book buddy. Please come to the Media Center for more information.
· Great job turning in those boxtops last week. Elementary, you are in the lead this week with 802 and 543 for middleschool. Next collection is this Thursday!!! Keep turning them in!
· Oberweis days this Tuesday and Wednesday come help support the middle school music program
with a tasty treat from Oberweis.
· Our last family fun night for the year is this Thursday at Extreme Wheels from 630-830pm. cost is $6. Wear school spirit and show us your fancy footwork!! All are welcome to participate including teachers!!
· Papa Johns pizza days this Fri/Sat! Call or stop by the Papa johns on Randall Rd mention Westfield or use promo code "westfield"
Through Out D300/Summer Activities:
· Interested in Travel Soccer? ALITHSA is holding tryouts starting May 27th for their Travel team "Arsenal"! (See VB 5/6)
· Attention anyone entering kindergarten through 8thgrade interested in attending the Jacobs Dance Summer Camp, please pick up an informational flyer in the main office. (VB 5/6)
· There will be a summer volleyball camp this year for all GIRLS and BOYS entering grades 3 – 8. Camp will be held at Westfield, July 7th – 10th. Forms are available in the Elementary and Middle School office or on the WCS website. (VB 4/16)
· Attention boys and girls going into kindergarten thru 8th grade next school year: The 18th annual
Westfield Summer Basketball Camp registration forms are now available in both offices as well as on the school website. Sign up early for summer basketball fun, spots fill up fast!! Please contact Mr. Russell with questions. (VB 4/16)
· Attention Softball Players! Jacobs Summer Softball Camp is open to all girls currently in 6th thru 8th grade. Camp meets Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from June 10th June 26th. Register now, space is limited. Get an info sheet in the MS Office or sign up on-line at the Jacobs High School Athletics website: www.Athletics2000.com/Jacobs/ (VB 4/16)
· Kindergarten Registration has begun. Please call the elementary office at 847-532-7800 if you have an incoming kindergartener, who will be 5 as of September 1, 2014.
· Preschool Registration has begun and is already full. If you have a preschooler that will be 3 years of age and you would like to be put on the waiting list please call the elementary office at 847-532-7800.