Thursday, September 26, 2013
· All the 5th grade classes will be on field trip Friday, Sept. 27th from 8:30 – 1:45pm at Midway Village Museum in Rockford.
· 7th & 8th grade AVID students will be out of the building on Friday, Sept. 27th all day. They are responsible for getting their work ahead of time.
· Walk to School Day is Wednesday Oct. 9th. Start making posters why walking to school is important to you. Show that you care for the Earth by wearing GREEN or spirit wear that day too! (2ndgraders will wear their “Respect” shirt)
· Elementary half day hot lunch order forms for October 3rd are available in the office and will be in the 9/24 virtual backpack – they must be turned in by Sept 30th.
· Attention 8th Graders: There will be an informational meeting on Thursday, October 3 at 7PM in the middle school gym about our 8th grade Washington, DC trip. You will receive the cost and registration
details then. If you are unable to attend, Ms. Bolding will have the information packet available in room 130 Friday, October 4.
· Punt, Pass & Kick Competition will be held on Wednesday Oct 2nd right after school. If you are
interested in competing in these football skills, see Mrs. Sink for a competition rule sheet. The competition will only be held on Oct 2nd from 3:30 to 4:30pm.
· Westfield Boys Basketball tryouts for 7th & 8th graders will begin the week of Oct 7th. In order to try out a sports physical and athletic packet MUST turn in PRIOR to try outs. Specific try out dates and information will be coming soon. Please see Mr. Martens (7th grade coach) or Mr. Russell (8thgrade coach) with questions.
· Attention Dance Team, our first practice will be at 8:00am Monday, September 30th. All 8th grade dancers need to see Mrs. Flowers before going to lunch and 7th grade dancers please see Mrs. Flowers during ELT or after school regarding uniform sizes.
· PTO Volunteer Help Needed: Please read the upcoming available volunteer opportunities and if you can help contact the event coordinator directly. Remember, you only need to respond if you are able to help or if you have a question.
Punt, Pass, Kick event on Sunday, October 13th: We need 8 more volunteers to help with this event. No prerequisites are required but an understanding of football skills would be helpful. Please contact Mr. Belin
directly if you are able to help or have questions at Korry.Belin@D300.Org
· School directories are available to purchase by sending $3.00 to the office in an envelope marked "Directory." Please include your student's name and teacher or team. Though not necessary, order forms are available in the 9/24 VB. Checks may be made payable to "Westfield PTO."
· DMS is presenting “The Legends of Sleepy Hollow” on 10/31 & 11/1, 7pm at DCHS Auditorium. Cost is $5 for
students and $8 for adults. For
additional information contact Jenny Olson at Jennifer.email@example.com
or view the following link http://dmslegendofsleepyhollow.webs.com/