Tuesday, September 2, 2014
· Fourth grade is going on a field trip to Camp Duncan on Sept. 2nd from 8:50-1:45
· 5th grade classes will be on a field trip from 8:45am to 1:45pm on Friday Sept. 26th.
· Please Join Westfield School PTO for our 2nd Annual Back to School Picnic on Friday,
September 5th, from 4:30 PM -6:30 PM. All Westfield Students and staff are invited to attend with their families. We will have a raffle to win an iPad Mini. Bring your chair and blanket and enjoy a Complimentary Hotdog, chips, and drink. Come meet the WCS community and enjoy other fun activities!!
· Family Fun Nights are back. Our first one for the school year will be at Fuddruckers on Monday,Sept.15th from 4pm-8pm. Simply mention Westfield to the cashier NO FLYER NEEDED!! Join us for dinner and 20% of your food and non-alcoholic beverage purchases (pre-tax) will be donated to Westfield PTO. Wear your school spirit that night!
Elementary School: see all
· Congratulations to the 7B Catch of the Week students: Nick Addante, Brandon Rocha & Peter Tomson. You have been selected by your Team 7B teachers for showing respect for Everyone, Education and your Environment! Way to go! Thank you for being such role model students!
· Attention any 7th or 8th grader interested in trying out for cheerleading. The clinic and tryouts will be held on September 3 and 4 at 7:45 am in the small gym. Please pick up a packet from the middle school office and bring the completed forms on the third. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Barnick or Mrs.
· Are you interested in being a Student Council representative this school year? If so, please attend an informational meeting on Thursday, September 4th, at 8am in room 234. You will learn about the various responsibilities of student council representatives as well as receiving your petitions. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Hager in room 249 or Ms. Sarff in room 234.
· There will be parent/student informational meeting about our 8th grade Washington, DC trip on Tuesday, September 16 at 7:00PM. We will meet in the middle school gym. You will receive the trip planned itinerary, the cost, and the registration information that evening. The information packet is not available until then. Registration does not open until after the meeting. If you are unable to attend the meeting, the packet will be available the next school day. I look forward to seeing you there!
· Any 6th, 7th or 8th grader interested in intramural football should attend our first meeting on Wednesday, September 3rd. The meeting will be after school until 4:15pm. We will hand out the schedule, pick teams and have a practice.
Pick up an information sheet in the PE office or see Coach Russell or Coach
Parents Needed: Please consider
volunteering to help this year. Volunteers will be asked
to perform a variety of duties, such as reading with students, playing
educational games, copying and helping with bulletin boards. Please see if you
can spare some time to help your teachers and students this year. TAP will start
the week of September 15 and end on Friday, May 8th. Extra forms are in the
Elementary office if needed. Any questions contact Carolyn Potosnak at email@example.com