Monday, May 5, 2014
· 7C will be on a field trip to Brookfield Zoo on Thursday, May 15th from 9:00-3:15. Students will not be attending instrumental music, chorus, exploratory, or PE.
· May 16th, 2014 - 6A and 6B field trip to Medieval Times 9:00 A.M. until approximately 1:15. Students will attend Periods 7, 8 and 9.
· Next week Aramark is having themed days. Monday is Cinco De Mayo, Tuesday is Hawaiian Luau Day, Wednesday is Baseball/Hockey Day, Thursday is Firefighter Day & Friday is Beach Day. Consider dressing up – anyone who participates goes into a raffle for prizes.
· There will be a rehearsal for all variety show participants on Tuesday, May 6th after school in the gym from 3:30-5:00. Please see Mrs. Hager or Ms. Sarff with any questions.
· Attention all 8th graders – Club Westfield is getting prepared to open its doors on Friday May 16th for the 2014 Recognition Dance. Please make sure you have your ticket request forms filled out and returned
with your money by Friday May 9th. You can turn them in to the middle school office, to Mrs. Rydz or to Mrs. Woods. Don’t forget to fill out your song requests on the back of the return slip. Any questions you can see Mrs. Woods in the MS gym. Hope to see all of you there!!
· The PBIS dodgeball tournament is Tuesday, May 20. Registration packets are available in the middle school office. The deadline for returning packets is now Tuesday, May 13. Concessions will now be
available for purchase.
· Monday May 5th, please come out to Oberweis and help support the Westfield Music Program.
Through Out D300/Summer Activities:
· Attention anyone entering kindergarten through 8thgrade interested in attending the Jacobs Dance Summer Camp, please pick up an informational flyer in the main office.
· There will be a summer volleyball camp this year for all GIRLS and BOYS entering grades 3 – 8. Camp will be held at Westfield, July 7th – 10th. Forms are available in the Elementary and Middle School
office or on the WCS website.
· Attention boys and girls going into kindergarten thru 8th grade next school year: The 18th annual
Westfield Summer Basketball Camp registration forms are now available in both offices as well as on the school website. Sign up early for summer basketball fun, spots fill up fast!! Please contact Mr. Russell with
· Attention Softball Players! Jacobs Summer Softball Camp is open to all girls currently in 6th thru 8th grade. Camp meets Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from June 10th June 26th. Register now, space is limited. Get an info sheet in the MS Office or sign up on-line at the Jacobs High School Athletics website: www.Athletics2000.com/Jacobs/
· Kindergarten Registration has begun. Please call the elementary office at 847-532-7800 if you have an incoming kindergartener, who will be 5 as of September 1, 2014.
Registration has begun and is already full. If you have a preschooler that will be 3
years of age and you would like to be put on the waiting list please call the
elementary office at 847-532-7800.