Wednesday, May 28, 2014
· 4th grade (and Mrs. Hogy’s class) will be joining the 5th graders at Willoughby Park 5/28. We
will be departing school at 11:30 and returning approximately 2 PM.
· Team 7B will be on a field trip to the Lincoln Park Zoo on Wednesday, May 28. Students will be out of the building all day. If you have any questions, please see a Team 7B teacher.
· School supplies are ready to be ordered for the 2014-2015 school year. Order from teacher-approved lists at www.schooltoolbox.com. Order until June 30, 2014. Supply boxes will ship to home 3 weeks after order date. All supplies needed for the school year are included in the box. New this year you can customize what supplies you need for the school year. Supply boxes are available for PreK - 5th Grades. (See VB 5/13/2014 for more information.)
· Extra elementary yearbooks are on sale and available in the elementary office for $17. Checks should be made payable to Westfield Community School.
· Attention Mrs. Hilton's Art students, if you have a paper or clay sculpture that was kept for display please see Mrs. Hilton about picking up your sculpture. If you do not pick up your art work by the end of the school year there is not a guarantee that it will be there when you return in the fall.
· A BIG Thank You for all the Boxtops turned in this year. Please Save your Boxtops over the summer!!
You never know what surprises we may have when you come back. Now if you haven't seen the May Boxtop thermometer it climbed from last week. Middle school soared with over a 1000 thousand yesterday but elementary you came out ahead by 50 boxtops! 2585 vs. 2535. Way to go. Happy summer from the box top ladies !
Through Out D300/Summer Activities:
Looking for a fun afternoon? Go see the family show “Uncle Em’s Traveling Hootenanny: Keep your story short cause your tale’s too tall.” The first show is on Saturday, June 21st at 11 am at The Listening Room in Crystal Lake. Look for more information in the virtual backpack or purchase tickets at www.lawlessarcher.com.
- The D300 Foundation for Educational Excellence proudly presents our 5th annual summer musical High School Musical. This summer program is open to any student enrolled in a District 300 school entering 6th through 12th grade for the 2014-2015 school year. Audition information, schedules and additional information can be found on our website http://www.d300presents.org or contact Mr. Fodor with any additional questions.
· There will be a summer volleyball camp this year for all GIRLS and BOYS entering grades 3 – 8. Camp will be held at Westfield, July 7th – 10th. Forms are available in the Elementary and Middle School office or on the WCS website. (VB 4/16)
· Attention boys and girls going into kindergarten thru 8th grade next school year: The 18th annual Westfield Summer Basketball Camp registration forms are now available in both offices as well as on the school website. Sign up early for summer basketball fun, spots fill up fast!! Please contact Mr. Russell with questions. (VB 4/16)
· Jacobs Dance is hosting camps for students entering grades k-8 this summer- July 8-10. Families should go to Jacobs.8to18.com to register. Cost is $100 and students will learn a pom routine, a hip hop routine, dance skills and technique. Jacobs coaches and former dancers will be instructing the youth camp.
· The nurse would like to remind all parents that medication needs to be picked up by a parent by May 29th (last day of school). All medication not picked up will be properly disposed of. Any questions call 847-532-7608 (or 7609).
· Medication authorization forms for 2014-15 SY can be downloaded from the d300.org website
under heath services tab.
· All incoming new PreK, Kindergarten & 6th grade students need a physical and updated immunizations by the First Day of school.
· Please turn in your 2014-15 registration ASAP. Paperwork is needed now. Payment is due on first day of school.
· Kindergarten Registration has begun. Please call the elementary office at 847-532-7800 if you have an incoming kindergartener, who will be 5 as of September 1, 2014.
· Preschool Registration has begun and is already full. If you have a preschooler that will be 3
years of age and you would like to be put on the waiting list please call the
elementary office at 847-532-7800.