Thursday, May 15, 2014
· 7C will be on a field trip to Brookfield Zoo on Thursday, May 15th from 9:00-3:15. Students will not be attending instrumental music, chorus, exploratory, or PE.
· All elementary classes are invited to observe the 5th grade talent show Friday May 16th at 8:30 to approx. 10am.
· 5th grade classes will be going on field trip to Xtreme Wheels Friday May 16th from 10:15 to 1:45pm.
· May 16th, 2014 - 6A and 6B field trip to Medieval Times 9:00 A.M. until approximately 1:15. Students will attend Periods 7, 8 and 9.
· Team 7B will be on a field trip to the Lincoln Park Zoo on Wednesday, May 28. Students will be out of the building all day. If you have any questions, please see a Team 7B teacher.
· This is the last week for the Howlagram shop. Spend all your howlagrams, you may not carry them over to next school year.
· The final day for charging elementary school lunch is Friday May 16th. Charging will no longer be an option starting May 19th. The office of food service will accept student payment for outstanding balances up to Friday May 30th.
· School supplies are ready to be ordered for the 2014-2015 school year. Order from teacher-approved lists at www.schooltoolbox.com. Order until June 30, 2014. Supply boxes will ship to home 3 weeks after order date. All supplies needed for the school year are included in the box. New this year you can customize what supplies you need for the school year. Supply boxes are available for PreK - 5th Grades. (See VB 5/13/2014 for more information.)
· This week in the cafeteria we will be rolling out our NEW made from scratch “Market Fresh Bistro”. Fresh new options will be featured daily. These meals were inspired from your feedback. Make sure to check it out!
· The D300 Foundation for Educational Excellence proudly presents our 5th annual summer musical High School Musical. This summer program is open to any student enrolled in a District 300 school entering 6th through 12th grade for the 2014-2015 school year. Audition information, schedules and additional information can be found on our website http://www.d300presents.org or contact Mr. Fodor with any additional
· Attention all 8th grade students. Are you looking for service hours? The Algonquin Library is offering an opportunity for you to earn 6 service hours this summer. All you have to do is be a book buddy. Please come to the Media Center for more information.
· Great job turning in those boxtops last week. Elementary, you are in the lead this week with 802 and 543 for middleschool. Next collection is this Thursday!!! Keep turning them in!
· Our last family fun night for the year is this TODAY (3/15) at Extreme Wheels from 630-830pm. cost is $6. Wear school spirit and show us your fancy footwork!! All are welcome to participate including teachers!!
· Papa Johns pizza days this Fri/Sat! Call or stop by the Papa johns on Randall Rd mention Westfield or use promo code "westfield"
Through Out D300/Summer Activities:
· Forms are available in the office for the 2nd annual “Hit for Henry”. Hit for Henry is a tennis clinic on
June 6thfor students and adults of all ages. No tennis experience necessary. There will also be a tournament on June 6th - 8th for high school and adult tennis players. All proceeds benefit Henry Betts and his fight against Muscular Dystrophy. Henry is the son of Jon Betts, Liberty teacher & Jacobs Tennis Coach.
Deadline is May 21st.
· Attention anyone entering kindergarten through 8thgrade interested in attending the Jacobs Dance Summer Camp, please pick up an informational flyer in the main office. (VB 5/6)
· There will be a summer volleyball camp this year for all GIRLS and BOYS entering grades 3 – 8. Camp will be held at Westfield, July 7th – 10th. Forms are available in the Elementary and Middle School
office or on the WCS website. (VB 4/16)
· Attention boys and girls going into kindergarten thru 8th grade next school year: The 18th annual
Westfield Summer Basketball Camp registration forms are now available in both offices as well as on the school website. Sign up early for summer basketball fun, spots fill up fast!! Please contact Mr. Russell with questions. (VB 4/16)
· Attention Softball Players! Jacobs Summer Softball Camp is open to all girls currently in 6th thru 8th grade. Camp meets Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from June 10th June 26th. Register now, space is limited. Get an info sheet in the MS Office or sign up on-line at the Jacobs High School Athletics website: www.Athletics2000.com/Jacobs/ (VB 4/16)
· Kindergarten Registration has begun. Please call the elementary office at 847-532-7800
if you have an incoming kindergartener, who will be 5 as of September 1,
Registration has begun and is already full. If you have a preschooler that will be 3
years of age and you would like to be put on the waiting list please call the
elementary office at 847-532-7800.