Tuesday, April 8, 2014
· All elementary classes are invited to the 4th grade recorder concert on April 10th at 8:30am.
· The final PBIS raffle is going on this week – there are some really great items to choose from. The Howlagram shop will be open til May 16th to use the rest your howlagrams.
· It’s spring portrait time. HR Imaging will be at WCS on Wednesday April 9th. Fliers will be sent home with your student.
o All students will be photographed
o No money is needed on picture day
o On picture day your child will receive two proofs, a price list and an order form to bring home. Be sure to ask your child for it
· April is Autism Awareness Month and D300 would like to encourage everyone to wear BLUE on Wednesdays.
o Autism is a spectrum disorder. Each person is affected differently.
o Autism now affects 1 in 88 children and 1 in 54 boys
o You can be a friend to a person with autism spectrum disorder by inviting that person to play or join your group.
· Attention boys and girls going into kindergarten thru 8th grade next school year: The 18th annual
Westfield Summer Basketball Camp registration forms are now available in both offices as well as on the school website. Sign up early for summer basketball fun, spots fill up fast!! Please contact Mr. Russell with questions.
· Westfield is participating in the Algonquin Public Arts Commission 3rd Annual Student Art Exhibit. This Art Exhibit will be featuring 40 plus artworks done by local students, grades 6-8!! Several of our own talented artists here at Westfield will be showcased in the show. The art show will run from April 1st -14th at the Algonquin Area Public library. Go check out the great art work produced by Westfield’s artists as well as
other local schools. Flyers can be picked up in the main office. If you have any questions regarding the
show please contact. Mrs. Hilton or Mrs. Chiappetta-Murray.
· Attention Washington, DC travelers: A mandatory meeting will be held for all DC participants and at least one parent on Tuesday, April 8 at 7PM in the WCS large gymnasium. Please use Door 5 (sports
entrance door). At that time you will receive flight information, meeting times, emergency information, itinerary, roommates and chaperones, and much more. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Bolding at (847) 532-7701 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· TO ALL FUTURE GOLDEN EAGLES AND PARENTS ~ The Jacobs HS football program will be having a meeting for all incoming freshman interested in playing football. This meeting will be for both the parents/guardians and athletes. The meeting will be held on Wednesday April 9th at 7:00pm in the Jacobs
Auditorium. If you have any questions or want to be added to our email please contact me at email@example.com Thank you, hope to see you all
· Any student who will attend Jacobs next year and is interested in trying out for Jacobs Cheer or the Jacobs Dance Team should plan to attend an informational meeting on Wednesday, April 9th at 6:30pm in the JHS Auditorium. Coaches will discuss plans for the upcoming season, summer camp and tryouts. Students should plan to attend, along with at least one parent. Please contact Allison Preston (dance) at Allison.firstname.lastname@example.org or Shannon Jamrozy (cheer) at Shannon.email@example.com with any questions.
· Registration packets have been sent – please verify data and return asap. Payment is due by August
· Kindergarten Registration has begun. Please call the elementary office at 847-532-7800 if you have an incoming kindergartener, who will be 5 as of September 1, 2014.
· Preschool Registration has begun and is already full. If you have a preschooler that will be 3
years of age and you would like to be put on the waiting list please call the
elementary office at 847-532-7800.