Monday, April 28, 2014
· All elementary classes are invited to the 5th grade music program on Monday, April 28th at 8:30.
The program will also include the 5th grade Orchestra & Band. This event will be in the middle school gym.
· The 7th and 8th Grade AVID classes will be on a field trip to North Park University in Chicago, Monday, April 28th. We will be leaving around 9 a.m. and returning at approximately 3:15 p.m. If you have any
questions, please see an AVID teacher. Thank you.
· Congratulations to the 7B Catch of the Week students: Gina Marie Taborelli & Zach Albrecht. You have been selected by your Team 7B teachers for showing respect for Everyone, Education, and Your Environment! Way to go! Thank you for being such role model students!
· There will be a PBIS dodgeball tournament on May 20th after school from 3:45 to 7pm. Create you team of six and participate in at least four games as well as have pizza and drinks. Registration packets are in the middle school office. All registration forms need to be turned in no later than May 6.
· Do you have a talent you want to share with the school? If so then you should audition for the Westfield Variety Show which will be held during school on Thursday, May 8th. Auditions will be after school next
week on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (April 22-24) in the cafeteria from 3:30-5:00. You only need to audition on one day, so attend the day that works best for your schedule. If you have any questions
please see Mrs. Hager in room 259 or Ms. Sarff in room 234.
Through Out D300:
· There will be a Summer volleyball camp this year for all GIRLS and BOYS entering grades 3 – 8. Camp will be held at Westfield, July 7th – 10th. Forms are available in the Elementary and Middle School
office or on the WCS website.
· Attention boys and girls going into kindergarten thru 8th grade next school year: The 18th annual
Westfield Summer Basketball Camp registration forms are now available in both offices as well as on the school website. Sign up early for summer basketball fun, spots fill up fast!! Please contact Mr. Russell with questions.
· 4th Annual Kids Run for the Bear sign up is going out on now. Event is on Saturday, May 3rd.
Here is Bear Necessities’ link to sign up and for more information: http://www.kidsrunforthebear.eventbrite.com (Form are also in 4/15 VB)
· Attention Softball Players! Jacobs Summer Softball Camp is open to all girls currently in 6th thru 8th grade. Camp meets Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from June 10th June 26th. Register now, space is limited. Get an info sheet in the MS Office or sign up on-line at the Jacobs High School Athletics website: www.Athletics2000.com/Jacobs/
· Kindergarten Registration has begun. Please call the elementary office at 847-532-7800
if you have an incoming kindergartener, who will be 5 as of September 1,
Registration has begun and is already full. If you have a preschooler that will be 3
years of age and you would like to be put on the waiting list please call the
elementary office at 847-532-7800.