Monday, April 21, 2014
· The 7th and 8th Grade AVID classes will be on a field trip to North Park University in Chicago, Monday, April 28th. We will be leaving around 9 a.m. and returning at approximately 3:15 p.m. If you have any
questions, please see an AVID teacher. Thank you.
· Spring picture order forms must be turned in to the office by Wednesday April 23rd.
· Start planning your outfit for Earth Day. We’d like to encourage everyone to make recycled clothing (hats, vests, necklaces, etc.) to wear to school on Tuesday, April 22 in honor of Earth Week.
· Congratulations Nick Addante!! He has been selected to go play Hockey (Goalie) for the North American team heading to Balzano, Italy on May 25th to play in the World Invite. Way to go Nick!
· Did you miss the deadline to join art club? Well then you are in luck, there are still a few spots open!! Just pick up an application in the main office and turn in as soon as possible. Space is limited and spots will be given on a first come first serve basis. This session will be meeting on Wednesdays after school from 3:30-4:45. If you have any questions please see Mrs. Hilton.
· There will be a PBIS dodgeball tournament on May 9th after school from 3:45 to 7pm. Create you team of six and participate in at least four games as well as have pizza and drinks. Registration packets are in the middle school office. All registration forms need to be turned in no later than May 6.
· Attention Washington, DC travelers: Please turn in your forms to Ms. Bolding as quickly as possible.
Through Out D300:
· There will be a Summer volleyball camp this year for all GIRLS and BOYS entering grades 3 – 8. Camp will be held at Westfield, July 7th – 10th. Forms are available in the Elementary and Middle School
office or on the WCS website.
· Attention boys and girls going into kindergarten thru 8th grade next school year: The 18th annual
Westfield Summer Basketball Camp registration forms are now available in both offices as well as on the school website. Sign up early for summer basketball fun, spots fill up fast!! Please contact Mr. Russell with questions.
· 4th Annual Kids Run for the Bear sign up is going out on now. Event is on Saturday, May 5. Here is Bear Necessities’ link to sign up and for more information: http://www.kidsrunforthebear.eventbrite.com
(Form are also in 4/15 VB)
· Attention Softball Players! Jacobs Summer Softball Camp is open to all girls currently in 6th thru 8th grade. Camp meets Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from June 10th June 26th. Register now, space is limited. Get an info sheet in the MS Office or sign up on-line at the Jacobs High School Athletics website: www.Athletics2000.com/Jacobs/
· A very important message from the Box Top Ladies: Who wants to see Dr. Doran and several other teachers in a dunk tank? We need a HUGE push with box tops if this is gonna happen. Students & staff, please help us meet our goal!!
· Kindergarten Registration has begun. Please call the elementary office at 847-532-7800 if you have an incoming kindergartener, who will be 5 as of September 1, 2014.
· Preschool Registration has begun and is already full. If you have a preschooler that will be 3 years of age and you would like to be put on the waiting list please call the
elementary office at 847-532-7800.