Tuesday, April 15, 2014
· The 7th and 8th Grade AVID classes will be on a field trip to North Park University in Chicago, Monday, April 28th. We will be leaving around 9 a.m. and returning at approximately 3:15 p.m. If you have any questions, please see an AVID teacher. Thank you.
· April is Autism Awareness Month and D300 would like to encourage everyone to wear BLUE on Wednesdays.
o You can’t tell that someone has Autism just by looking at them
o Everybody’s brain works differently. Everyone has things they are good at and others that they struggle with
o Sometimes you might see people with autism spectrum disorder rocking, moving a lot or flapping their arms.
o You can be a friend to a person with autism spectrum disorder by being fair and following the rules.
· There will be a Summer volleyball camp this year for all GIRLS and BOYS entering grades 3 – 8. Camp will be held at Westfield, July 7th – 10th. Forms are available in the Elementary and Middle School office or on the WCS website.
· Attention boys and girls going into kindergarten thru 8th grade next school year: The 18th annual Westfield Summer Basketball Camp registration forms are now available in both offices as well as on the school website. Sign up early for summer basketball fun, spots fill up fast!! Please contact Mr. Russell with questions.
· Start planning your outfit for Earth Day. We’d like to encourage everyone to make recycled clothing (hats, vests, necklaces, etc.) to wear to school on Tuesday, April 22 in honor of Earth Week.
· Attention Washington, DC travelers: Please turn in your forms to Ms. Bolding as quickly as possible.
Through Out D300:
· 4th Annual Kids Run for the Bear sign up is going out on now. Event is on Saturday, May 5. Here is Bear Necessities’ link to sign up and for more information: http://www.kidsrunforthebear.eventbrite.com
(Form are also in 4/15 VB)
· Attention Softball Players! Jacobs Summer Softball Camp is open to all girls currently in 6th thru 8th grade. Camp meets Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from June 10th June 26th. Register now, space is limited. Get an info sheet in the MS Office or sign up on-line at the Jacobs High School Athletics website: www.Athletics2000.com/Jacobs/
· Turn in your Boxtops every Thursday
· Next PTO meeting: Wednesday April 16th. 7pm in the Library.
· Registration packets have been sent – please verify data and return asap. Payment is due by August 12th.
· Reminder from the Nurse: now that spring is here….when it’s wet outside, please encourage your child to stay on the blacktop and playground during recess. Send extra set of clothing to be kept in your child’s locker/cubby. We can’t always reach a parent to bring in dry clothes.
· Kindergarten Registration has begun. Please call the elementary office at 847-532-7800 if you have an incoming kindergartener, who will be 5 as of September 1, 2014.
Registration has begun and is already full. If you have a preschooler that will be 3
years of age and you would like to be put on the waiting list please call the
elementary office at 847-532-7800.