Monday, April 14, 2014
· The 7th and 8th Grade AVID classes will be on a field trip to North Park University in Chicago, Monday, April 28th. We will be leaving around 9 a.m. and returning at approximately 3:15 p.m. If you have any
questions, please see an AVID teacher. Thank you.
· Attention boys and girls going into kindergarten thru 8th grade next school year: The 18th annual
Westfield Summer Basketball Camp registration forms are now available in both offices as well as on the school website. Sign up early for summer basketball fun, spots fill up fast!! Please contact Mr. Russell with questions.
you enjoy Art and creating? Then being part of the Art Club is for you! This session will be meeting on Wednesdays after school from 3:30-4:45. Applications are in the main office. Space is limited so be sure to turn your application in as soon as possible. Spots will be given on a first come first serve basis. If you have any questions please see Mrs. Hilton. Applications are due Monday Morning of April 14th.
· Attention Softball Players! Jacobs Summer Softball Camp is open to all girls currently in 6th thru 8th grade. Camp meets Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from June 10th June 26th. Register now, space is limited. Get an info sheet in the MS Office or sign up on-line at the Jacobs High School Athletics website: www.Athletics2000.com/Jacobs/
· Family Fun Night- TODAY (4/14) - Buffalo Wild Wings (all day event). Stop by for lunch or dinner- proceeds will support the Westfield PTO.
· Next PTO meeting: Wednesday April 16th. 7pm in the Library.
· Registration packets have been sent – please verify data and return asap. Payment is due by August
· Reminder from the Nurse: now that spring is here….when it’s wet outside, please encourage your child to stay on the blacktop and playground during recess. Send extra set of clothing to be kept in your child’s locker/cubby. We can’t always reach a parent to bring in dry clothes.
· Kindergarten Registration has begun. Please call the elementary office at 847-532-7800 if you have an incoming kindergartener, who will be 5 as of September 1, 2014.
Registration has begun and is already full. If you have a preschooler that will be 3
years of age and you would like to be put on the waiting list please call the
elementary office at 847-532-7800.