Tuesday, April 1, 2014
· All elementary classes are invited to the 4th grade recorder concert on April 10th at 8:30am.
· April is Autism Awareness Month and D300 would like to encourage everyone to wear BLUE
o Autism spectrum disorder is a brain thing!
o People with autism spectrum disorders have differences in how they communicate, how they act and how they socialize.
o Many people also experience extreme sensitivities to touch, sights, tastes, smells and sounds.
o You can be a friend to a person with autism spectrum disorder by being patient.
· Attention boys and girls going into kindergarten thru 8th grade next school year: The 18th annual
Westfield Summer Basketball Camp registration forms are now available in both offices as well as on the school website. Sign up early for summer basketball fun, spots fill up fast!! Please contact Mr. Russell with questions.
· D300 Relay for Life bracelets are available in the MS office for $1. All proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society. Help support Team Westfield in the fight against cancer.
· Field Day 2014 will be on Friday, May 23rd!! Westfield will be holding a t-shirt design contest for the Field Day t-shirts this year, the theme is “Wide World of Fitness”. Be as creative as you want and draw how Fitness is a World Wide activity and how it brings all of the different countries across the World together.
(See VB 3/4/14 for details due April 4th)
· Hannah Strauss won the Girls Wrestling Title for the State of Illinois in her age group about two weeks ago. This past weekend she attended Nationals in Tulsa, OK and WON!! Way to go Hannah!
· Congratulations to the following 8th grade students selected to compete in the State Science Fair in May: Jonathon Agenlian, Vincent Cheesman, Jessica Gracik, Emily Pasetes, Henry Roycroft, Zachary Wallace & Morgan Ward. Good Luck Students!
· The award winning Jacobs Golden Eagle Marching Band will hold its informational meeting on Tuesday, April 1 at 7:00 PM in the Jacobs Auditorium. This meeting is for all incoming and returning members and their parents. We hope to see you there
· Attention Washington, DC travelers: A mandatory meeting will be held for all DC participants and at least one parent on Tuesday, April 8 at 7PM in the WCS large gymnasium. Please use Door 5 (sports
entrance door). At that time you will receive flight information, meeting times, emergency information, itinerary, roommates and chaperones, and much more. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Bolding at (847) 532-7701 or email@example.com
· TO ALL FUTURE GOLDEN EAGLES AND PARENTS ~ The Jacobs HS football program will be having a meeting for all incoming freshman interested in playing football. This meeting will be for both the parents/guardians and athletes. The meeting will be held on Wednesday April 9th at 7:00pm in the Jacobs
Auditorium. If you have any questions or want to be added to our email please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you, hope to see you all there!
· Any student who will attend Jacobs next year and is interested in trying out for Jacobs Cheer or the Jacobs Dance Team should plan to attend an informational meeting on Wednesday, April 9th at 6:30pm in the JHS Auditorium. Coaches will discuss plans for the upcoming season, summer camp and tryouts. Students should plan to attend, along with at least one parent. Please contact Allison Preston (dance) at Allison.email@example.com or Shannon Jamrozy (cheer) at Shannon.firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
· MS group pictures will be taken on April 2nd. These pictures will be for all groups (clubs, music groups, etc.) other than sports teams.
· Are some of the books your family once adored now gathering dust on their shelves? Give them another chance to grow a child’s love of reading while kicking off your spring cleaning! The Westfield Community School PTO-Jacobs High School Rotary Interact Club Community Book Drive has been extended. Please drop off gently used children’s and young adult books in the front offices at Westfield or Jacobs through April 4, 2014. Teachers receiving donated books will add them to their classroom libraries for silent reading or give them to students with too few books to read at home. Donations of educational aids, such
as flashcards, also are welcome. Thank you!
· Kindergarten Registration has begun. Please call the elementary office at 847-532-7800 if you have an incoming kindergartener, who will be 5 as of September 1, 2014.
· Preschool Registration has begun and is already full. If you have a preschooler that will be 3
years of age and you would like to be put on the waiting list please call the
elementary office at 847-532-7800.