Thursday, April 10, 2014
· Nurse will be doing vision & hearing re-screens today and tomorrow. (Elementary)
· The 7th and 8th Grade AVID classes will be on a field trip to North Park University in Chicago, Monday, April 28th. We will be leaving around 9 a.m. and returning at approximately 3:15 p.m. If you have any
questions, please see an AVID teacher. Thank you.
· The final PBIS raffle is going on this week – there are some really great items to choose from. The Howlagram shop will be open til May 16th to use the rest your howlagrams.
· Attention boys and girls going into kindergarten thru 8th grade next school year: The 18th annual
Westfield Summer Basketball Camp registration forms are now available in both offices as well as on the school website. Sign up early for summer basketball fun, spots fill up fast!! Please contact Mr. Russell with questions.
· Do you enjoy Art and creating? Then being part of the Art Club is for you! This session will be meeting on Wednesdays after school from 3:30-3:45. Applications are in the main office. Space is limited so be sure to turn your application in as soon as possible. Spots will be given on a first come first serve basis. If you have any questions please see Mrs. Hilton. Applications are due Monday Morning of April 14th.
· Westfield is participating in the Algonquin Public Arts Commission 3rd Annual Student Art Exhibit. This Art Exhibit will be featuring 40 plus artworks done by local students, grades 6-8!! Several of our own talented artists here at Westfield will be showcased in the show. The art show will run thru April 14th at the Algonquin Area Public library. Go check out the great art work produced by Westfield’s artists as well as other local
schools. Flyers can be picked up in the main office. If you have any questions regarding the show please contact. Mrs. Hilton or Mrs. Chiappetta-Murray.
· Oberweis Day---TODAY April 10th! All day! Come out for ice cream now that Spring has arrived! Proceeds will support Westfield's Music Program
· Family Fun Night- Monday April 14th- Buffalo Wild Wings (all day event). Stop by for lunch or dinner- proceeds will support the Westfield PTO.
· Registration packets have been sent – please verify data and return asap. Payment is due by August
· Reminder from the Nurse: now that spring is here….when it’s wet outside, please encourage your child to stay on the blacktop and playground during recess. Send extra set of clothing to be kept in your child’s locker/cubby. We can’t always reach a parent to bring in dry clothes.
Registration has begun. Please call the elementary office at 847-532-7800
if you have an incoming kindergartener, who will be 5 as of September 1,
Registration has begun and is already full. If you have a preschooler that will be 3
years of age and you would like to be put on the waiting list please call the
elementary office at 847-532-7800.