Thursday, March 6, 2014
· Come out this Thursday, Friday and Saturday for Westfield’s 10th annual Winter Musical Oklahoma! Shows are 7:00pm Thursday and Friday and 2:00pm on Saturday. Tickets are $5 and available in the middle school office or on our website http://www.wcsmusical.org Any questions, please see Mr. Fodor.
· Field Day 2014 will be on Friday, May 23rd!! Westfield will be holding a t-shirt design contest for the Field Day t-shirts this year, the theme is “Wide World of Fitness”. Be as creative as you want and draw how Fitness is a World Wide activity and how it brings all of the different countries across the World together.
(See VB 3/4/14 for details)
· Turn in your boxtops every Thursday! Thanks for a fabulous February turn in. Keep up the great
· Hola Amigos! It’s time for another “Fuel Special Spotlight”. March is Mexican Specials in the cafeteria. Next week Monday, Wednesday& Friday will be ‘fish burrito with chipotle slaw’. Tuesday & Thursday will be ‘Frito pie topped with chili & cheese’ Yummy Good! Fuel Up Goooooo Lunch!!!!!
· Come out this Thursday, Friday and Saturday for Westfield’s 10th annual Winter Musical Oklahoma! Shows are 7:00pm Thursday and Friday and 2:00pm on Saturday. Tickets are $5 and available in the middle school office or on our website http://www.wcsmusical.org Any questions please see Mr. odor.
· Do you like to dance? Do you want to help raise money for Cancer research and make Westfield the top school in donations for Relay for Life? Then pick up a form in the main office and make a team for the Dance-a-thon! Forms are due this Friday, March 7th. Teams should be 2-10 people in size and the cost is $50 a team. Let’s have some fun and dance the night away!
· Family Fun night: Wednesday March 12th at Lou Malnati's! All day long! Stop by for great food and
· Don't feel like cooking tonight? Eat at Chili's! Bring in the voucher and they will give back 10%. Event ends March 31, 2014!
· Are some of the books your family once adored now gathering dust on their shelves? Give them another chance to grow a child’s love of reading while kicking off your spring cleaning! The Westfield Community School PTO-Jacobs High School Rotary Interact Club Community Book Drive has been extended. Please drop off gently used children’s and young adult books in the front offices at Westfield or Jacobs through April 4, 2014. Teachers receiving donated books will add them to their classroom libraries for silent reading or give them to students with too few books to read at home. Donations of educational aids, such as flashcards, also are welcome. Thank you!
· Kindergarten Registration has begun. Please call the elementary office at 847-532-7800 if you have an incoming kindergartener, who will be 5 as of September 1, 2014.
Registration has begun and is already full. If you have a preschooler that will be 3
years of age and you would like to be put on the waiting list please call the
elementary office at 847-532-7800.