Tuesday, March 18, 2014
· All elementary classes are invited to the Kindergarten music program on Thursday March 20th at 8:30am.
· Field Day 2014 will be on Friday, May 23rd!! Westfield will be holding a t-shirt design contest for the Field Day t-shirts this year, the theme is “Wide World of Fitness”. Be as creative as you want and draw how Fitness is a World Wide activity and how it brings all of the different countries across the World together.
(See VB 3/4/14 for details due April 4th)
· D300 Relay for Life bracelets are available in the MS office for $1. All proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society. Help support Team Westfield in the fight against cancer.
· Attention all aspiring color guard members. Jacobs will be hosting a color guard clinic on Tuesday, March 18th at Jacobs High School between 6pm and 8pm. This clinic is open to any future Jacobs students regardless of experience in guard or dance. We hope to see you there and bring a friend!
· Any student who will attend Jacobs next year and is interested in trying out for Jacobs Cheer or the Jacobs Dance Team should plan to attend an informational meeting on Wednesday, April 9th at 6:30pm in the JHS Auditorium. Coaches will discuss plans for the upcoming season, summer camp and tryouts. Students should plan to attend, along with at least one parent. Please contact Allison Preston (dance) at Allison.firstname.lastname@example.org or Shannon Jamrozy (cheer) at Shannon.email@example.com
with any questions.
· The cast and crew party for Oklahoma! is scheduled for Thursday from 4pm to 6pm. Please make plans to join us. Details are available on the website http://www.wcsmusical.org or see Mr. Fodor for more
· MS group pictures will be taken on April 2nd. These pictures will be for all groups (clubs, music groups, etc.) other than sports teams.
· Due to the overwhelming success of the Frito Pie entrée in the cafeteria we will be changing the menu for this week. Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday the main entrée has been changed to Frito Pie.
· Track season is about to begin. Girls Track meeting will be Tuesday March 18th after school until 4pm in the gym. There will be a ton of information, please plan on attending if you are interested in running
track. If you have questions see Mrs. Sink or Mr. Birkhead. Packets & season information will be handed out at meeting
· Attn. 7th & 8th grade Boys: Track meeting will be on Wednesday March 19th from 3:30 to 4pm in the cafeteria. We will be talking about schedule, events, practice. Any questions see Coach Mueller or Coach
· D300 Relay for Life bracelets are available in the MS office for $1. All proceeds will go to the American ancer Society. Help support Team Westfield in the fight against cancer.
· Piano Festival: If you have registered your child for the D300 Piano Festival on March 18th, this is a
reminder that the performance schedule is available on the district’s website.
· The next PTO Meeting is Wednesday March 19th at 7pm in the Library. We will be taking nominations for PTO positions for next school year. If you are interested in getting more involved, this is a great time to hear more about what is available and how you can help.
· Elementary Students: As you all have seen on the box top race board there will be a SURPRISE GIFT once your class reaches the 300 BOX TOPS level. This special surprise will be given to EVERY student in the class that have brought in at least 5 box tops this month - you all have until THIS FRIDAY morning to get as many box tops turned in to get to that 300 BOX TOPS. you can do it!!!!
· Middle School Students: Since March is a shorter month with everyone off for Spring Break, we need a huge push for box tops THIS WEEK!!! If we can get a big enough turn in for each grade this month we will pull 3 names from each grade who will ALL WIN PRIZES! We will collect box tops on Monday March 31 which is the day you come back from Spring Break - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, COLLECT BOX TOPS OVER SPRING BREAK!!!!! Let's finish this month strong! PLUS: Don't you want to catch up to the elementary? Take a look at the thermometer in the lunchroom - they are smoking you guys. STEP IT UP MIDLESCHOOLERS! We are sure you all want to see your Principal and other teachers in a dunk take, you might even want to dunk them yourselves. Help us make this happen.
· Are some of the books your family once adored now gathering dust on their shelves? Give them another chance to grow a child’s love of reading while kicking off your spring cleaning! The Westfield Community School PTO-Jacobs High School Rotary Interact Club Community Book Drive has been extended. Please drop off gently used children’s and young adult books in the front offices at Westfield or Jacobs through April 4, 2014. Teachers receiving donated books will add them to their classroom libraries for silent reading or give them to students with too few books to read at home. Donations of educational aids,
such as flashcards, also are welcome. Thank you!
· Kindergarten Registration has begun. Please call the elementary office at 847-532-7800 if you have an incoming kindergartener, who will be 5 as of September 1, 2014.
· Preschool Registration has begun and is already full. If you have a preschooler that will be 3 years of age and you would like to be put on the waiting list please call the
elementary office at 847-532-7800.