Thursday, March 13, 2014
· Field Day 2014 will be on Friday, May 23rd!! Westfield will be holding a t-shirt design contest for the Field Day t-shirts this year, the theme is “Wide World of Fitness”. Be as creative as you want and draw how Fitness is a World Wide activity and how it brings all of the different countries across the World together.
(See VB 3/4/14 for details due April 4th)
· Math-a-thon Time: Did you know that St. Jude currently has six affiliate hospitals? The closest one is actually located in Peoria, Illinois!
· Due to the overwhelming success of the Frito Pie entrée in the cafeteria we will be changing the menu for next week. Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday the main entrée has been changed to Frito Pie.
· Track season is about to begin. Girls Track meeting will be Tuesday March 18th after school until 4pm in the gym. There will be a ton of information, please plan on attending if you are interested in running
track. If you have questions see Mrs. Sink or Mr. Birkhead. Packets & season information will be handed out at meeting
· The next PTO Meeting is Wednesday March 19th at 7pm in the Library. We will be taking nominations for PTO positions for next school year. If you are interested in getting more involved, this is a great time to hear more about what is available and how you can help.
· Are some of the books your family once adored now gathering dust on their shelves? Give them another chance to grow a child’s love of reading while kicking off your spring cleaning! The Westfield Community School PTO-Jacobs High School Rotary Interact Club Community Book Drive has been extended. Please drop off gently used children’s and young adult books in the front offices at Westfield or Jacobs through April 4, 2014. Teachers receiving donated books will add them to their classroom libraries for silent reading or give them to students with too few books to read at home. Donations of educational aids, such as flashcards, also are welcome. Thank you!
· Kindergarten Registration has begun. Please call the elementary office at 847-532-7800 if you have an incoming kindergartener, who will be 5 as of September 1, 2014.
· Preschool Registration has begun and is already full. If you have a preschooler that will be 3
years of age and you would like to be put on the waiting list please call the
elementary office at 847-532-7800.