Monday, March 10, 2014
· Fifth grade chess club will be meeting today in room 214 from 2:30pm to 3:30pm.
· Field Day 2014 will be on Friday, May 23rd!! Westfield will be holding a t-shirt design contest for the Field Day t-shirts this year, the theme is “Wide World of Fitness”. Be as creative as you want and draw how Fitness is a World Wide activity and how it brings all of the different countries across the World together.
(See VB 3/4/14 for details due April 4th)
· Hola Amigos! It’s time for another “Fuel Special Spotlight”. March is Mexican Specials in the cafeteria. Next week Monday, Wednesday& Friday will be ‘fish burrito with chipotle slaw’. Tuesday &
Thursday will be ‘Frito pie topped with chili & cheese’ Yummy Good! Fuel Up Goooooo Lunch!!!!!
· Math-a-thon Time: Did you know that on average, St. Jude has more than 67,000 patient visits each year? How many patient visits would that be per week?
· Family Fun night: Wednesday March 12th at Lou Malnati's! This is an ALL DAY event so stop in to Dine-In, Carry Out, and delivery or pick up their great frozen pizza for dinner another night! Westfield will receive 20% of all profits so please tell your friends and neighbors to stop in and mention Westfield!
· The next PTO Meeting is Wednesday March 19th at 7pm in the Library. We will be taking nominations for PTO positions for next school year. If you are interested in getting more involved, this is a great time to hear more about what is available and how you can help.
· Are some of the books your family once adored now gathering dust on their shelves? Give them another chance to grow a child’s love of reading while kicking off your spring cleaning! The Westfield Community School PTO-Jacobs High School Rotary Interact Club Community Book Drive has been extended. Please drop off gently used children’s and young adult books in the front offices at Westfield or Jacobs through April 4, 2014. Teachers receiving donated books will add them to their classroom libraries for silent reading or give them to students with too few books to read at home. Donations of educational aids, such as flashcards, also are welcome. Thank you!
· Kindergarten Registration has begun. Please call the elementary office at 847-532-7800 if you have an incoming kindergartener, who will be 5 as of September 1, 2014.
Registration has begun and is already full. If you have a preschooler that will be 3
years of age and you would like to be put on the waiting list please call the
elementary office at 847-532-7800.