Thursday, February 6, 2014
· Mark your calendar, the elementary yearbook picture day has been rescheduled for Tues. Feb. 11th. All club photos will be taken that day.
· H.A.N.D.S. Club will be meeting after school today in room 214 from 2:30 – 3:30pm
· Attention Washington, DC travelers: Please turn in your roommate request form to Ms. Bolding in room 130 by this Friday!
· MS group pictures will be taken on March 20th. Throughout the day students will be called out of class to come to the multi-purpose room for pictures with their groups. These pictures will be for all groups (clubs,
music groups, etc.) other than sports teams. Please consider avoiding scheduling tests for this day.
· Attention all 6th, 7th and 8th graders: Westfield’s Winter Musical Oklahoma! Needs backstage crew to help with lights, sound, props and costumes. If you are interested in being a part of this year’s musical, please plan to attend our informational meeting on Tuesday, February 11 from 3:30 to 4:30 in the chorus room. No experience is necessary. See Mr. Fodor or our website http://www.wcsmusical.org for more information.
· Attention all 6th, 7th and 8th graders! You are invited to be a part of something GREAT when you get to High School! Jacobs High School Golden Eagle Marching Band is hosting a color guard clinic for all interested
students on Tuesday February 11th from 6-8pm at Jacobs High School. Dance experience is great but not necessary! Hope to see you there!!!
· Order your middle school yearbook now. Order your Middle School yearbook online. Use flyer code: 446323 or complete an order form and return it to school to pay by check. The full color yearbook is only $23 if ordered by Thursday, February 28, 2014. Visit https://www.inter-state.com/store/preorder and order today.
· Fun Fair Basket Raffle collection is now underway. Please consider making a donation to fill your child's class basket to help the PTO. Basket themes and tickets can be found in the Tuesday Virtual Backpacks or ask your child, their teachers have been pumping up the collection process. All collections are due in the school by February 13 then the baskets will be on display in the school offices until the Fun Fair on February 22.
· Box Top turn in is every Thursday!! See virtual backpack for ways to earn extra points.
· Pump it Up Family Fun Night has been postponed til February 19th.
· Chili’s Give Back Program is going on thru March 31st. You can find the flyer in virtual backpack 1/14 and turn it in to the server.
· The PTO meeting will be held February 19, 2014 at 4pm in the library.
· Fun Fair Volunteers needed for Saturday, February 22, 2014. There are two shifts available: 11:30am- 2:00pm or 2:00pm - 4:30pm. Please consider volunteering for a shift. Sign up on email with Carolyn Potosnak at email@example.com or use the volunteer form found in the Virtual Backpack 1/29/14.
· Kindergarten & Preschool Registration will be held on Thursday, February 20th, 2014 from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Please call the elementary office 847-532-7800 if you have an incoming kindergartener, who will be 5 as of September 1, 2014 and Preschoolers must be 3 years of age to being preschool at Westfield.
· Jr. Eagles Girls Basketball: Tryouts for the Jr. Eagles girls basketball spring teams will be held February 28th at Dundee Middle School. This program is open to all girls in grades 5-8th planning to attend Jacobs. Please pick up a flyer in the main office. GO EAGLES!
· Shoe Lace Inc. in the Commons is an official donation collection point for StuffforthePoor.Org. Shoe Lace
Inc. is offering a coupon for a future purchase with a donation. Shoes must be
gently used in order to get the coupon.