Wednesday, February 5, 2014
• Mark your calendar, the elementary yearbook picture day has been rescheduled for Tues. Feb. 11th. All club photos will be taken that day.
• Attention Washington, DC travelers: Please turn in your roommate request form to Ms. Bolding in room 130 by this Friday!
• Attention all 6th, 7th and 8th graders! You are invited to be a part of something GREAT when you get to High School! Jacobs High School Golden Eagle Marching Band is hosting a color guard clinic for all interested students on Tuesday February 11th from 6-8pm at Jacobs High School. Dance experience is great but not necessary! Hope to see you there!!!
• There will be an all middle school dance on Friday, February 7th from 6:30-8:30pm. The theme for the
dance is Flashback Time Machine. Students may dress up from the favorite decade 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s or today. There will be contest for the best outfits from each decade. As always, students must follow dress code in order to attend. Ticket order forms are available in the middle school office and all tickets cost $5. Please return your order form to the middle school office by Wednesday, February 5th. Tickets will be handed out during 1st hour on Thursday, February 6th. Tickets will NOT be available to purchase at the door.
Please see a student council member for more information.
• Order your middle school yearbook now. Order your Middle School yearbook online. Use flyer code: 446323 or complete an order form and return it to school to pay by check. The full color yearbook is only $23 if ordered by Thursday, February 28, 2014.
• Fun Fair Basket Raffle collection is now underway. Please consider making a donation to fill your child's class basket to help the PTO. Basket themes and tickets can be found in the Tuesday Virtual Backpacks or ask your child, their teachers have been pumping up the collection process. All collections are due in the school by February 13 then the baskets will be on display in the school offices until the Fun Fair on February
• Box Top turn in is every Thursday!! See virtual backpack for ways to earn extra points.
• Pump it Up Family Fun Night has been postponed til February 19th.
• Chili’s Give Back Program is going on thru March 31st. You can find the flyer in virtual backpack 1/14 and turn it in to the server.
• The PTO meeting will be held February 19, 2014 at 4pm in the library.
• Fun Fair Volunteers needed for Saturday, February 22, 2014. There are two shifts available: 11:30am - 2:00pm or 2:00pm - 4:30pm. Please consider volunteering for a shift. Sign up on email with Carolyn Potosnak at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the volunteer form found in the Virtual Backpack 1/29/14.
• Kindergarten & Preschool Registration will be held on Thursday, February 20th, 2014 from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Please call the elementary office 847-532-7800 if you have an incoming kindergartener, who will be 5 as of
September 1, 2014 and Preschoolers must be 3 years of age to being preschool at
• Shoe Lace
Inc. in the Commons is an official donation collection point for
StuffforthePoor.Org. Shoe Lace
Inc. is offering a coupon for a future purchase with a donation. Shoes must be
gently used in order to get the coupon.