Monday, February 24, 2014
· The 6th, 7th, and 8th grade AVID classes will be attending an in-house field trip on February 25 during 7th and 8th periods. If you have any questions, please see an AVID teacher.
· Fifth grade chess club will be meeting today in room 214 from 2:30pm to 3:30pm.
· Our Westfield Middle School Beta Club is running the Pasta for Pennies Fundraiser through February 27th. This is a fundraiser that benefits children who suffer from blood cancers like Leukemia and Lymphoma. Last year we raised $3,000 and were ranked 80th out of the 700 schools in Illinois that participated. That was great, but we want to do even better this year! If you have any change to donate, please put it in the bin in the elementary office.
· Attention All MS Girls: Any MS girl interested in intramural girls basketball, it will start next Tuesday Feb. 25th before school. A signed permission slip is required to play. See Mr. Russell or Mr. Martens for
forms or questions.
· Order your middle school yearbook now. Order your Middle School yearbook online. Use flyer code: 446323 or complete an order form and return it to school to pay by check. The full color yearbook is only $23 if ordered by Thursday, February 28, 2014. Visit https://www.inter-state.com/store/preorder.
· Elementary School: Wow, we have to say “Great Job” to Ms. Soland& Mrs. Sarich’s class, they have both earned “Triple Treats” already!! There are many other classes that are SO close. Get clipping kids and bring in as many as you can by Next Friday! Remember, EVERY PERSON that turns in box tops next week will get 3 Howlagrams & 3 treats!
· Middle School: Box Top Ladies wanna say Great Job!! Turn in for February has been awesome, we want more!! Keep clipping!! If our school reaches the goal of 100,000 box tops by May 25th – Dr. Doran and several other teachers will go into a dunk tank. What’s more fun than dunking your teachers and your principal? Talk your teacher into signing up to be dunked! Thanks for supporting Box Tops!
· Don't feel like cooking tonight? Eat at Chili's! Bring in the voucher and they will give back 10%. Event ends March 31, 2014!
· Do you have gently used books that your kids have outgrown? If so, why not donate them to the WCS PTO Used Book Drive? We are collecting gently used preK thru 12th appropriate books to distribute to D300 teachers. The books are given to the teachers to use in their classrooms and to give kids in their classrooms who may not have books at home! You can drop off your gently used books at Westfield Middle school &
· Kindergarten Registration has begun. Please call the elementary office at 847-532-7800 if you have an incoming kindergartener, who will be 5 as of September 1, 2014.
· Preschool Registration has begun and is already full. If you have a preschooler that will be 3 years of age and you would like to be put on the waiting list please call the elementary office at 847-532-7800.
· Jr. Eagles Girls Basketball: Tryouts for the Jr. Eagles girls basketball spring teams will be held February 28th at Dundee Middle School. This program is open to all girls in grades 5-8th planning
to attend Jacobs. Please pick up a flyer in the main office. GO
perfection, teamwork, success; that’s what makes Eagles the best!
Registration for the 2014 Jr Eagles Cheerleading (K- 8th)
season will be March 1st and April 5thfrom 12pm to 4pm at
LITH Village Hall. Please see our
website for additional information jreaglescheer.com or feel free to contact us