Thursday, February 20, 2014
· The 6th, 7th, and 8th grade AVID classes will be attending an in-house field trip on February 25 during 7th and 8th periods. If you have any questions, please see an AVID teacher.
· Our Westfield Middle School Beta Club is running the Pasta for Pennies Fundraiser through February 27th. This is a fundraiser that benefits children who suffer from blood cancers like Leukemia and Lymphoma. Last year we raised $3,000 and were ranked 80th out of the 700 schools in Illinois that participated. That was great, but we want to do even better this year! If you have any change to donate, please put it in the bin in the elementary office.
· Attention All MS Girls: Any MS girl interested in intramural girls basketball, it will start next Tuesday Feb. 25th before school. A signed permission slip is required to play. See Mr. Russell or Mr. Martens for
forms or questions.
· Order your middle school yearbook now. Order your Middle School yearbook online. Use flyer code: 446323 or complete an order form and return it to school to pay by check. The full color yearbook is only $23 if ordered by Thursday, February 28, 2014. Visit https://www.inter-state.com/store/preorder.
· BOXTOPS second submission deadline is fast approaching to receive credit for this school year. Please turn in your clipped, non-expired boxtops by Thursday, February 27th! Also, register on BTFE.com and enter this month’s BOXTOPS Daily Bonus Sweepstakes to help our school have a shot at 1,000 eboxtops!
· Don't feel like cooking tonight? Eat at Chili's! Bring in the voucher and they will give back 10%. Event ends March 31, 2014!
· Fun Fair Volunteers needed for Saturday, February 22, 2014. There are two shifts available: 11:30am- 2:00pm or 2:00pm - 4:30pm. Please consider volunteering for a shift. Sign up by emailing Carolyn Potosnak at email@example.com or use the volunteer form found in the Virtual Backpack 1/29/14.
· See you at the Fun Fair Saturday Feb. 22nd from 12pm to 4pm. Westfield’s Got Talent is scheduled to start at 12:30pm. You won’t want to miss it!
· Do you have gently used books that your kids have outgrown? If so, why not donate them to the WCS PTO Used Book Drive? We are collecting gently used preK thru 12th appropriate books to distribute to D300 teachers. The books are given to the teachers to use in their classrooms and to give kids in their classrooms who may not have books at home! You can drop off your gently used books at Westfield Middle school &
· Kindergarten & Preschool Registration will be held on TODAY (2/20) from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Please call the elementary office 847-532-7800 if you have an incoming kindergartener, who will be 5 as of September 1, 2014 and Preschoolers must be 3 years of age to being preschool at Westfield.
· Jr. Eagles Girls Basketball: Tryouts for the Jr. Eagles girls basketball spring teams will be held February 28th at Dundee Middle School. This program is open to all girls in grades 5-8th planning to attend Jacobs. Please pick up a flyer in the main office. GO EAGLES!
· Excellence, perfection, teamwork, success; that’s what makes Eagles the best! Registration for the 2014 Jr Eagles Cheerleading (K- 8th) season will be March 1st and April 5th from 12pm to 4pm at LITH Village Hall. Please see our website for additional information jreaglescheer.com or feel free to contact us