Wednesday, February 12, 2014
· The 7th and 8th grade AVID students will be on a field trip Friday, February 14. They will be out of the building between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m.
· MS group pictures will be taken on April 2nd. Throughout the day students will be called out of class to come to the multi-purpose room for pictures with their groups. These pictures will be for all groups (clubs, music groups, etc.) other than sports teams. Please consider avoiding scheduling tests for this day.
· Ice Cream! Ice Cream! We all want some Ice Cream! It’s time to support the Westfield Music epartment by eating Oberwise Ice Cream. Pick up a flyer in the main office and come to the Oberwise on Randall Rd any time during the day or night this THURSDAY, February 13th. Hope to see you there!
· Order your middle school yearbook now. Order your Middle School yearbook online. Use flyer code: 446323 or complete an order form and return it to school to pay by check. The full color yearbook is only $23 if ordered by Thursday, February 28, 2014. Visit https://www.inter-state.com/store/preorder and order today.
· Fun Fair Basket Raffle collection is now underway. Please consider making a donation to fill your child's class basket to help the PTO. Basket themes and tickets can be found in the Tuesday Virtual Backpacks or ask your child, their teachers have been pumping up the collection process. All collections are due in the school by February 13 then the baskets will be on display in the school offices until the Fun Fair on February 22.
· The PTO meeting will be held February 19, 2014 at 4pm in the library.
· Fun Fair Volunteers needed for Saturday, February 22, 2014. There are two shifts available: 11:30am- 2:00pm or 2:00pm - 4:30pm. Please consider volunteering for a shift. Sign up on email with Carolyn Potosnak at email@example.com or use the volunteer form found in the Virtual Backpack 1/29/14.
· Do you have gently used books that your kids have outgrown? If so, why not donate them to the WCS PTO Used Book Drive? We are collecting gently used preK thru 12th appropriate books to distribute to D300 teachers. The books are given to the teachers to use in their classrooms and to give kids in their classrooms who may not have books at home! You can drop off your gently used books at Westfield Middle school &
· Kindergarten & Preschool Registration will be held on Thursday, February 20th, 2014 from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Please call the elementary office 847-532-7800 if you have an incoming kindergartener, who will be 5 as of September 1, 2014 and Preschoolers must be 3 years of age to being preschool at Westfield.
· Jr. Eagles Girls Basketball: Tryouts for the Jr. Eagles girls basketball spring teams will be held February 28th at Dundee Middle School. This program is open to all girls in grades 5-8th planning to attend Jacobs. Please pick up a flyer in the main office. GO EAGLES!
· Excellence, perfection, teamwork, success; that’s what makes Eagles the best! Registration for the 2014 Jr Eagles Cheerleading season will be March 1st and April 5th from 12pm to 4pm at LITH Village
Hall. Please see our website for additional information jreaglescheer.com or feel free to contact us at