Friday, January 31, 2014
· The 7th grade will be out of the building on Tuesday, February 4th for a field trip. The students will be gone all day. If you have any questions, please contact a 7th grade team leader.
· Mark your calendar, the elementary yearbook picture day has been rescheduled for Tues. Feb. 11th. All club photos will be taken that day.
· Attention Washington, DC travelers: On Monday, February 3, we will have a short meeting to pick roommates. The meeting will be during ELT in the 8th grade science lab. See Ms. Bolding if you have any questions.
· There will be an all middle school dance on Friday, February 7th from 6:30-8:30pm. The theme for the dance is Flashback Time Machine. Students may dress up from the favorite decade 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s or today. There will be contest for the best outfits from each decade. As always, students must follow dress code in order to attend. Ticket order forms are available in the middle school office and all tickets cost $5. Please return your order form to the middle school office by Wednesday, February 5th. Tickets will be handed out during 1st hour on Thursday, February 6th. Tickets will NOT be available to purchase at the door. Please see a student council member for more information.
· Order your middle school yearbook now. Order your Middle School yearbook online. Use flyer code: 446323 or complete an order form and return it to school to pay by check. The full color yearbook is only $23 if ordered by Thursday, February 28, 2014. Visit https://www.inter-state.com/store/preorder and order today.
· Fun Fair Basket Raffle collection is now underway. Please consider making a donation to fill your child's class basket to help the PTO. Basket themes and tickets can be found in the Tuesday Virtual Backpacks or ask your child, their teachers have been pumping up the collection process. All collections are due in the school by February 13 then the baskets will be on display in the school offices until the Fun Fair on February 22.
· Box Top turn in is every Thursday!! See virtual backpack for ways to earn extra points.
· Pump it Up Family Fun Night has been postponed til February 19th.
· Chili’s Give Back Program is going on thru March 31st. You can find the flyer in virtual backpack 1/14 and turn it in to the server.
· Kindergarten & Preschool Registration will be held on Thursday, February 20th, 2014 from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Please call the elementary office 847-532-7800 if you have an incoming kindergartener, who will be 5 as of September 1, 2014 and Preschoolers must be 3 years of age to being preschool at Westfield.
· Parents…. In this long cold and flu season, here are a few helpful hints from the nurses office:
o Please make sure you student has their own chapstick here at school in locker/backpack. We have way too many students coming to us for Vaseline for chapped lips and lotion for dry skin.
o Please make sure you child has proper clothing for going outside during recess (hats, gloves, snowpants & boots).
o Please make sure you student has an extra pair of clothing in his/her locker if clothes get wet.
o The most important way to prevent getting sick is proper
and frequent hand washing. Please stress this with your
your child is not feeling well (temperature 100* or above, diarrhea, vomiting),
please keep him/her home until fever free for 24 hours without medication
and/or no vomiting/diarrhea free at least 24 hours as