Thursday, November 7, 2013
· H.A.N.D.S. Club will be meeting after school today in room 214 from 2:30 – 3:30pm
· Capture your favorite memories of your teacher, class and friends by purchasing an elementary yearbook. Orders can be made online or with a check made out to Inter-State Studios for $17 by Friday Dec.
20th. www.inter-state.com/yearbookcode 436865
· Pledge to Play60 and you could win a trip to Super Bowl XLVIII. All you have to do is answer three questions about staying fit. What do you think your favorite player does to stay fit? Go to
NFLRush.com/Superkid to register to win by Nov. 25th. (VB 10/29)
· We have collected just over 180 packs of baby wipes – the goal is 300. We have until TOMORROW (11/8) to collect. Please help support our troops by dropping off baby wipes in the office.
· PBIS committee will be holding a floor hockey tournament Friday (11/8) after school (4:30). All teams that are interested must sign up with Mr. Cappas. The cost is $5 per player ($30 per team). This will buy your team your choice of pizza, drink and use of equipment.
· The Book Fair is coming to Westfield and we need your help to make it a successful event. Come and earn service hours as you help create decorations, cut out book marks, and prepare flyers. If you are interested in being a part of the Jr. Crew, sign up in the Media Center today.
· Any 6th 7th or 8th grader interested in trying out for our 10th annual winter musical Oklahoma! Needs to sign up for an audition time either on our website http://www.wcsmusical.org or in the media center. Anyone who signs up needs to attend our first meeting on Wednesday, November 6th from 3:30 to 4:30 in chorus room. For more information see Mr. Fodor, Mr. Romack or Miss Martinez.
· We have until TOMORROW (11/8) to bring in boxes of individual packets of hot chocolate.
Items will be then sent overseas in time for the holidays for our servicemen. There are boxes in the
office to place your items. Please take the time show you care about the men and women serving our country. Your support is very important to our veterans.
· WCS is participating in a FREE dental program available to all students PreK – 8th grade on Friday Nov. 22nd. It includes an exam by a licensed dentist and cleaning. This exam fulfills the dental requirement for Kindergarten, 2nd & 6th grades. Forms are available in all WCS offices (Elementary, Middle & Nurse) and must be filled out by a parent and returned to the nurses’ office no later than Friday Nov. 15th. Any questions, call the nurses offices at 847-532-7608 or email Julie.email@example.com (VB 11/5)
· Westfield Spirit Wear is available for purchase either online at http://www.promoplace.com/37589/stores/westfield or via paper order forms. Order forms are available in both offices. Samples for sizing are also available in both offices – smaller sizes in elementary and larger sizes in the middle school. The sale will continue through Parent-Teacher Conferences. Merchandise will be delivered in time for the holiday gift giving season! (VB 11/5)
· Family Fun Night at Oberweis is TODAY (11/7 all day). No flyer required. Stop by after the 7th/8th grade band program and boys basketball game.
· School directories are available to purchase by sending $3.00 to the office in an envelope marked "Directory." Please include your student's name and teacher or team. Make checks payable to WCS PTO.
for Tots with US Marines Corp Reserve collection has started at WCS. Boxes are in both offices to drop off
your unwrapped gifts. Collection
will continue thru Dec. 13th.