Friday, November 22, 2013
· Just a reminder today (11/22) is the School Based Dental Program. Students will be called down for an appointment throughout the day ONLY if their parents filled out and returned a form to the nurse. Thanks for your cooperation!
· Capture your favorite memories of your teacher, classmates and friends by purchasing an elementary yearbook. Orders can be made online or with a check made out to Inter-State Studios for $17 by Friday
Dec. 20th. www.inter-state.com/yearbook code 436865
· 'Tis the season for giving, HANDS Club is teaming up with the Hearts for Gold to collect nonperishable food and hygiene items for needy families in our school community. Donations can be dropped off in the boxes outside the elem. office by Mon. Dec. 9th. Please no glass items.
· Now, for the moment you have been waiting for, the box tip winning class will be announced Monday, Dec. 2nd. But since we have your attention, we would like to congratulate the four classes that won pizza parties for turning in 100 or more box tops this week: Mrs. Saldivar’s class, Mrs. O’Brien’s class, Mrs. Kendall-Smith’s class and Ms. Soland’s class. Way to go! Don’t forget to save box tops over break.
· Yearbook Cover Design Contest: Are you interested in designing the cover for the Middle School Yearbook? Combine your artistic skills with your school spirit and create a design to enter into the
Yearbook cover design contest. All designs must be original artwork, meet the contest rules and be submitted by December 2, 2013 to be eligible. Rules and entry forms are available in the Middles School office.
· There will be a 7th Grade Dance on Friday, December 6th from 6:30-8:30pm. The cost is $5 and includes admission to the dance, professional DJ, and a slice of pizza and a drink. Please turn in your
ticket order form to the office no later than Wednesday, December 4th. If you need a ticket order form they are in the office. If you have any questions please see a Student Council member.
· There will be a Middle School PBIS Howl-a-gram table today (11/22) during lunch. Please remember to bring your Howl-a-grams to lunch and have them labeled with your name and team. This week’s raffle item is pizza delivered to your lunch table.
· Capture the school year in pictures. Order your middle school yearbook now. Middles School Yearbooks are an 80 page full color book. The yearbooks will include an autograph insert sheet for friends to sign at the end of the school year. Yearbooks will be delivered over the summer so we can be sure to capture recognition night and spring sporting events in the book. Order your Middle School yearbook online. Use flyer code: 446323 or complete an order form and return it to school to pay by check. The full color yearbook is only $23 if ordered by Thursday, February 28, 2014. After this date, the cost will increase to $25. All orders must be received by April 30, 2014. Visit https://www.inter-state.com/store/preorder and order today.
· Time is running out…….Westfield Spirit Wear is available for purchase either online at http://www.promoplace.com/37589/stores/westfield or via paper order forms. Order forms are available in both offices. Samples for sizing are also available in both offices – smaller sizes in elementary and larger sizes in the middle school. The sale will continue through Parent-Teacher Conferences. Merchandise will be delivered in time for the holiday gift giving season! (VB 11/5)
· Attn. Parents of Kindergartners: All kindergarten students are required by Illinois law to have proof of an eye exam by an optometrist or eye doctor (ophthalmologist) on file with the school by October 15th. Ifyou
have not submitted your paperwork to the school nurse, please do so asap. Required foms can be found on the D300 website under Health Services. Any questions, call Julie Yelton at 847-532-7608.
· Phone Messages: Please inform your child of changes in transportation or after school plans BEFORE they leave for school as messages interrupt the instructional program. (Parent/Student Handbook)
· Students are expected to be dressed to go outside every day. Students will only stay indoors if the temperature is less than ten degrees or is raining. If your student is not wearing boots and snowpants, he/she must remain on the shoveled black top area. (Parent/Student Handbook)
· Kindergarten & Preschool Registration will be held on Thursday, February 20th, 2014 from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Please call the elementary office 847-532-7800 if you have an incoming kindergartener, who will be 5 as of September 1, 2014 and Preschoolers must be 3 years of age to being preschool at Westfield.
· Toys for Tots with US Marines Corp Reserve collection has started at WCS. Boxes are in both offices to drop off your unwrapped gifts. Collection will continue thru Dec.13th.
· Donation Drive for the victims of Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines. See VB 11/19 for list of suggested items or email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org (Westfield parent)
· 5th, 6th, 7th, & 8th grade boys interested in Jr. Eagles Basketball: tryouts will be Saturday Nov. 23rd 3 – 5pm AND Saturday Dec. 7th 8 –10am. Both tryouts will be held at Jacobs HS and players should attend BOTH tryouts. Questions should be directed to Coach Martens at email@example.com.