Thursday, October 3, 2013
· All elementary classes are invited to the 2nd grade music program on Wednesday Oct. 9th. The program will be at 8:30 or as soon as possible after coming in from “Walk to School” day.
· Walk to School Day is Wednesday Oct. 9th. Start making posters why walking to school is important to you. Show that you care for the Earth by wearing GREEN or spirit wear that day too! (2nd graders will wear their “Respect” shirt)
· Picture retakes are scheduled for Friday, Oct 25th (this is for students who were not here on picture day or are returning original packet). Order online at www.inter-state.com using code 407293. As the date
gets closer, forms will also be available in the office.
· Attention 8th Graders: There will be an informational meeting on Thursday, October 3rd at 7PM in the middle school gym about our 8th grade Washington, DC trip. You will receive the cost and registration details then. If you are unable to attend, Ms. Bolding will have the information packet available in room 130 Friday, October 4th.
· 7th grade boys interested in basketball: Tryouts will begin the week of Oct 7th. In order to try out a sports physical and athletic packet MUST turn in PRIOR to try outs. Specific try out dates and information will be coming soon. Please see Mr. Martens with questions.
· 8th grades boys interested in basketball: Tryouts will be Wednesday Oct. 9th after school an Oct. 10thbefore school. Please see Mr. Russell if planning to tryout for detailed schedule and also remember to get all forms turned in including an updated physical or you will not be allowed to try out. See Coach Russell with questions.
· Picture retakes are scheduled for Friday, Oct 25th – (this is only for students who were not here on picture day or are returning original packet). Order online at www.inter-state.com using code 407291.
As the date gets closer, forms will also be available in the office.
· Fall Fundraiser pick up: October 8th from 2:30-6pm in the Multi-Purpose room.
· PTO Volunteer Help Needed: Please read the upcoming available volunteer opportunities and if you can help contact the event coordinator directly. Remember, you only need to respond if you are able to help or if you have a question.
Punt, Pass, Kick event on Sunday, October 13th: We need 8 more volunteers to help with this event. No prerequisites are required but an understanding of football skills would be helpful. Please contact Mr. Belin directly if you are able to help or have questions at Korry.Belin@D300.Org
· School directories are available to purchase by sending $3.00 to the office in an
envelope marked "Directory." Please include your student's name and teacher or
team. Though not necessary, order forms are available in the 9/24 VB. Checks may
be made payable to "Westfield PTO."