Wednesday, October 30, 2013
· Pledge to Play60 and you could win a trip to Super Bowl XLVIII. All you have to do is answer three questions about staying fit. What do you think your favorite player does to stay fit? Go to NFLRush.com/Superkid to register to win by Nov. 25th. (VB 10/29)
· Did you know Jeff Kinney has a new book coming out in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series? It’s called Hard Luck! Preorder your book today. Order forms are available in the library. They will be accepted through Wednesday of next week (10/30). If you don’t order your copy today, you may be out of luck.
· We have collected 72 packs of baby wipes – the goal is 300. We have two more weeks left in the collection. Please help support our troops by dropping off baby wipes in the office.
· Veteran’s Wall of Honor: If you know of anyone who is or has been in the armed forces, consider honoring them by decorating a star with their name and/or picture on it. If you don’t know anyone, you can decorate the star with a thank you note on it. Starts need to be turned in by Nov 4th.
· PINK OUT – everyone wears pink! Evening will be dedicated to the family of Heidi Braglia (Mia’s mother) who recently passed from Breast Cancer Wednesday, October 30th – First home boys
basketball game. Game starts at 4:15 pm - donations will be accepted and given to the Susan B. Komen foundation. Have some fun with Pink Leis, Clappers, Pink Hair and Beach Balls.
· Thank you to everyone for participating in Red Ribbon Week last week! The following classes had the highest percentage of students wearing their Red Ribbons throughout the week and will win a doughnut breakfast party: Mrs. Legge’s class, Mrs. Goldberg and Mrs. Gnutek’s classes, and Mrs. Adames classes. Thank you again for a terrific Red Ribbon week!
· Any 6th, 7th or 8th grade student that won the Red Ribbon Week raffle last week during lunch should pick up his/her prize in Mrs. Hager’s room (room 259) by the end of the week.
· Any 6th 7th or 8th grader interested in trying out for our 10th annual winter musical Oklahoma! Needs to sign up for an audition time either on our website http://www.wcsmusical.org or in the media center. Anyone who signs up needs to attend our first meeting on Wednesday, November 6 from 3:30 to 4:30 in chorus room. For more information see Mr. Fodor, Mr. Romack or Miss Martinez.
· Through November 8th, in honor of Veteran’s Day on November 11th, our school will be participating in a district wide collection for our service men and women. We are asking each student to bring in boxes of individual packets of hot chocolate. Items will be then sent overseas in time for the holidays for our servicemen. There are boxes in the office to place your items. Please take the time show you care about the men and women serving our country. Your support is very important to our veterans.
· Elementary School: Don’t forget your boxtops everyone! Special collection date next Wednesday (10/30) (instead of Thursday) and it’s TRIPLE TREAT next week!!
· Middle School: Last day for collection of October box tops will be next Wednesday. Make sure you turn them in to the school office by 2pm on October 30th.
· School directories are available to purchase by sending $3.00 to the office in an envelope marked "Directory." Please include your student's name and teacher or team. Make checks payable to WCS PTO
· DMS is presenting “The Legends of Sleepy Hollow” on 10/31 & 11/1, 7pm at DCHS Auditorium. Cost is $5 for students and $8 for adults. For additional information contact Jenny Olson at Jennifer.email@example.com
or view the following link http://dmslegendofsleepyhollow.webs.com/