Wednesday, August 20, 2014
· AVID is selling t-shirts. It is their fundraiser this year. Cost is $10/shirt. They will be black t-shirts with white print saying AVID D300 with the AVID logo on the left front. Orders are due by Friday, Aug. 22. They can be left in Deb Hohlfelder’s mailbox.
· 5th grade classes will be on a field trip from 8:45am to 1:45pm on Friday Sept. 26th.
· Picture day is scheduled for August 27th. Order forms will go home with students later this week.
Please send your student with payment and order form that day or you may prepayonline at www.hrimaging.com then go to shop/prepay and follow the fields from there (send in online receipt with your student). Purchases are optional, but everyone will have their photo taken for the yearbook. Retake day will be October 2nd.
· If you have a permission slip for the Summer Challenge, please put it in the box in the elementary or middle school office – they are due Friday.
· This Saturday at 11:00 am, there will be a children’s theater program at Lakeside Legacy Arts Park (Dole Mansion). “Uncle Em’s Traveling Hootenanny Presents: Keep Your Story Short Cause Your Tale’s Too Tall,” is a family show that combines music, puppets and wild costumes in a vaudeville-influenced storytelling narrative of the American Folklore classics of Paul Bunyan, Molly Pitcher, Johnny Appleseed, John Henry and Pecos Bill. Tickets: $10 parents, $5 children.
· Are you ready for some BOXTOPS??!!! The Boxtop Ladies are! The boxtop races start Sept. 2nd so start turning in your boxtops!!
· Mr. Belin is again collecting Pop Tops for charity. What is a Pop Top? It is the little ring on the top of Aluminum cans that you can just pop off and save. They are on Pop Cans, Soup Cans, Dog Food cans and many other cans found in your kitchen. We collect the tops all year and recycle them at the end of the year and donate the money to local charities. It is a great way to help and it doesn’t cost any “extra” because you are already buying the items. If you have any questions contact Mr. Belin.
· Please Join Westfield School PTO for our 2nd Annual Back to School Picnic on Friday, September 5th, from 4:30 PM -6:30 PM. All Westfield Students and staff are invited to attend with their families. We will have a raffle to win a iPad Mini. Bring your chair and blanket and enjoy a Complimentary Hotdog, chips, and drink. Come meet the WCS community and enjoy other fun activities!!
Elementary School: see all
· Do you play piano, bass, or guitar?” Westfield Jazz Ensemble auditions will begin taking place this week. Any middle school students who are interested in Jazz Ensemble who currently take lessons are strongly encouraged to audition. See Mr. Dobbeck in the band room for more information.
· All 7th and 8th graders that were invited to join Westfield’s Beta Club over the summer, must return the fee and forms to the middle school office by this Friday, August 22nd. Late applications will not be accepted. Any questions, please see or email Mrs. Woods in the Middle School gym.
· Attention all 7th grade girls interested in trying out for the volleyball team: Try outs are after school until 5:30pm on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday (August
19th – 21st). You must attend all try out dates and
have turned in all athletic paperwork with a valid physical to try out. All paperwork is in the athletic packet
located in the middle school office.
See Ms. Kopetsky with any questions.
PTO meeting is THIS Wednesday August 20th at 6pm in the Westfield Library. All
parents and staff are welcome!